Fish with teeth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99.9% sure that it's a pacu. Those teeth are made for munching on fruit/nuts and that is what wild pacus eat.

I don't mean to sound nieve, but how does a man fishing on a lake make him an irresponsible hobbyist? sound to me that the tv station offering a 100 dollers would be more so. everybody and his brother will be out trying to collect.

edit: unless you are refering to someone releasing it into the wild?

A search for what the fish may be suggested that it may be a pacu, which is found in South America.

That's what I thought when seeing the picture, although I'll never look at pacu teeth the same way again ;)

First link doesn't work.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /amazon/amanimals/amfishes/pacuteeth.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Toirtis said:
Not the first, by far....and yes, that is a pacu...mature pacu look like they swallow granpa's dentures...

Reminds me of the Abbott and Costello movie..."French Foreign Legion". There's a scene where they are at an oasis, an older Arabian man dropped his dentures into the pond and a fish wound up with them, totally befuddlling Costello. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom