Fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow this is amazing, a thread about fishing lol
I fish in southern California and the sea of Cortez
My profile pic is a 30 lb Pacific halibut I caught in long beach :)

Sent from my HTC Magic using Aquarium

nice catch kev :) my profile pic is a 35kg red tail catfish (about 75lb i think). i caught that in koh samui thailand.

My dad is getting a boat this summer so i will be able to do some nice fishing when that arrives :)

That's awesome

We have a 26 foot boat and go fishing every weekend

Hopefully I'll get more pics up soon when I have a chance

Got a 16foot center console with a 60hp outboard on it 4 years ago and its the best $2500 Ive ever spent. $40 fills my tanks and I can go out all day. Perfect bay/flats boat I can run it in under a foot of water,great all around boat. Then pops has a 23.5foot walk about with dual 200hps outboards nice little cabin,thats what we take in the ocean for tuna/shark/big stripers... But that boat is a gas HOG! Atleast $250 to go out for the day.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

I like to fish smallmouth, largemouth, stripers, catfish, bluegill, crappie, muskie, and the occasional trip to the beach will land me out on a shark or marlin trip. I have fished a lot of bass and muskie tournaments on a lake nearby. We also have one of the very best striper lakes in the country.

Wonders if you might be talking bout Harrington Lake? If so they got some good bass and catfish holes around. I grew up on Harrington Lake so everyday after school if i didnt have baseball practice i was fishing and usually catching that nights supper lol...

I looovvvee fishing! Mainly for carp throughout New England, with the yearly trip to st Lawrence river of course! PB is a 32lb common.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Wow our bout holds 109 gallons of diesel and has a range of about 500 miles

We've been in 15 foot seas and it handles pretty good lol

Just has a 4cyl cummins and cruises about 22 knots

That's good, were looking for a desiel boat now somewhere in the 30ft range my uncle want to take it from here (new york) down to florida and the bahamas. Long haulin!!! Pops boat holds about 180gallons haven't taken it further then 200miles round trip but she hauls ***. Not sure how fast his is but I know my boat does 32knots and I can't hang with him at all lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

I love to go out fishing. I grew up around it and have been since I can remember it's all mainly lakes and ponds with FW it's hard to go SW fishing when you live in central Oklahoma lol. I did go SW fishing once for stripers in the Patomic river once when I was about 12. I do mainly sand bass and cat fishing around here. I do have a boat but its more of lifeboat for some of you guys boats lol it's a 14ft Lowe with a 15horse Chrysler my wife says it's a canoe with a motor lol I got the boat for my high school graduation in 2010 and it's a 98 model boat and I was the first one to put it the water but in the time I have had I can't the number of times I have had it out and I think I have went through 10 gallons of gas lol.

Haven't fished in several years but when I was younger my dad and I went fishing and we always seemed to catch turtles, we did fish in a canal behind our old house and caught a snapper turtle probably 1.5ft shell length and it snapped the rod

Wow that's awesome

We usually go about 100 miles round trip when we go out

When we go for bluefin or yellowfin we average about 300 miles depending on where the fish are at lol

I don't know much about boats but the one my dad is getting is a rinker 246BR Captiva. I looked it up on the internet and it looks nice.

I absolutly love fishing for Catfish.
Nothing like a 5 minute fight with Moby to discover he is a 3lb baby.

Still waiting for my trip to Michigan. Although surely it's cheating when they bait everything for you?

I absolutly love fishing for Catfish.
Nothing like a 5 minute fight with Moby to discover he is a 3lb baby.

Still waiting for my trip to Michigan. Although surely it's cheating when they bait everything for you?

fighting for the fish is the best bit so if everything is baited up it just gets you into the fight quicker :) i wouldn't say it's cheating :)

I do alot of striper fish'n but the most fun I have is Large Mouth Bass fish'n. It's the only time my mind is'nt race'n a mile a minuet and all I'm think'n about is where how I'm make'n my lure presentation as I reel in. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 82
  • scan0014.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 74
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 79
I do alot of striper fish'n but the most fun I have is Large Mouth Bass fish'n. It's the only time my mind is'nt race'n a mile a minuet and all I'm think'n about is where how I'm make'n my lure presentation as I reel in. Here are some pics.

Wow great catches! :)

Ok im definately a proud fisherWOMAN :) Have done it since I was a little girl, lake and river fishing. For the last 6 years I make 1-3 trips a summer to the pacific, Prince Rupert BC way, with my Dad on his boat, with usually my sister (who is NOT fisherwoman material but is a great cook, so were never hungry) and drives the boat when were trolling with a double header. I've also taken out both of my daughers once, we'll wait a bit before the boy comes along hes 10 this year and to darn busy to sit still on a boat for 5 days.

Im so jealous of the pictures of cool fish im seeing!! Thats why I love the sea, you never know what your going to bring up.

I would NOT want someone else to bait my hook, kill or clean my fish, thats half the fun, other than the catch of corse.

Lake fishing we have caught the regular trout, kokanee, char, ling..... river we do the salmon runs, coho, sokeye, use to do steel head, chinuk etc...

In the ocean we do it all. We prawn, crab, were going to try for some king crab in a "secret spot" that there suppose to be in early in the year this way, but had surgery on my foot and never got to go. We've gotten octapus, do the salmon which are super fun to catch when fishins good but I perfer the white meat. My biggest hallibut was 17lbs , my dads was 80!! not so sure I wanna bring anything more than a 30 in, but I sure woudl love a 30 so dad could quit talking about my "chicken" LOL We catch red snapper, ling, caught a green ling a couple times, not me but dad, your various rock cod. Dad caught a skate once....

ok now for my "fishing story" Dad, sister and I were trolling for salmon out in rupert. Were just just heading back in for the day. Had my downrigger set at 44. I do that because my husband isnt a fisherman but 44 is his favorite number, so its my way of "bringing him with me" ;) Boom, got a fish, snaps off the down rigger easliy, set it to come up, and start realing. Its heavy, that or im tired from a day of heavy fishing (we dont stop from dawn until dust or well past) its fighting different, My sister leans over the edge to look and says "why is it swimming backwards"?? Why is it white?? Im like yelling at her to net the **** thing, lol, I didnt care about that just that is much be huge becuase it was so heavy and fighting wierd for a salmon.... well turns out Im bringing in a halibut by the tail. My hoochie basically lasooed him by the tail, there was a white line around his tail from the tension of the line... if I remember right it was 13lbs, smallish for salmon my biggest hally caught with a salmon rod by the tail :) anyone caught a bigger one that way?? or am I in the lead?? :loopy:

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 60
  • july-09 243.jpg
    july-09 243.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Sept08 368.jpg
    Sept08 368.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 77
ok that halibut is a chicken, LOL, but I cant my pictures with the bigger one are on disk down in the office, and im not getting onto my crutches to look for it right now, :)

Back
Top Bottom