Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fishing?

are there any fisherman here on AA. If you like fishing let us know what type of fishing you do, and tell us about some of your catches

I'm not very experienced in Fishing but i love it. i prefer fishing inland on lakes for carp and catfish. i recently went on holiday to thailand and done some amazing fishing there. i caught piranha Mekong catfish and Red tail catfish.
Where i live there are no local places for freshwater fishing but im 5 mins away from the sea, so i've recently started sea fishing only caught a few sea bass and some other small fish of which i don't know the english names

Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm a fisherman. I'll fish for whatever is biting, but I generally prefer to throw lures for bass, salmon, and other gamefish. Coho salmon should be showing up in the Lake Michigan harbors in a few weeks! I have to get my new rod strung up for it.

Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big time fisherman here!! I fish for anything thats biting but Im big into salt water. Strippers, fluke, and my 2 fav's tuna and shark. Getting the boat ready as we speak should be in the water by the end of the month. Also learned this winter how to tie my own fishing rods so now Im getting into custom rods for family and friends, not to mention a few for myself
Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLiNy View Post
Big time fisherman here!! I fish for anything thats biting but Im big into salt water. Strippers, fluke, and my 2 fav's tuna and shark. Getting the boat ready as we speak should be in the water by the end of the month. Also learned this winter how to tie my own fishing rods so now Im getting into custom rods for family and friends, not to mention a few for myself
i've only just started sea fishing but a few of my friends fish for tuna here. hopefully ill be able to go with a few of them next time they go. sounds like alot of fun alot of locals here also fish for Akya (not sure what the english is for this fish i'll google it and see if i can find it) looks like a very nice catch
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

just searched Akya i think it might be Leer fish?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Redfish and snook!!!! Gotta love Florida fishing. Don't feel like getting all geared up, just grab a rod and your favorite lure, walk to the closest canal, lake, or retention pond (there's something within 500ft of any house here in Florida.), and hit up the bass!!!
redfisher1139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfisher1139 View Post
Redfish and snook!!!! Gotta love Florida fishing. Don't feel like getting all geared up, just grab a rod and your favorite lure, walk to the closest canal, lake, or retention pond (there's something within 500ft of any house here in Florida.), and hit up the bass!!!

wow sounds great to be in florida im in ÖlÜdeniz, Turkey. alot of sea fishing but not much freshwater fishing.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like going out of clearwater for king fish, or spanish macs, whatever I can get. Caught a barracuda last time, haha.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wanna go down to south america and go Peacock Bass fishing, I have 3 right now that Ive had for about 2 months they were around 1.5" when I purchased and 1 is already about 4",twice the size of the other 2. There growth rate is crazy and there really nicely colored. Could only imagine what 1 of those guys full grown would be like in the wild. I hear florida has them too though been looking into them for sometime now really want to go fishing for them.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium
Old 03-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondoe

wow sounds great to be in florida im in ÖlÜdeniz, Turkey. alot of sea fishing but not much freshwater fishing.
I goggled Olu deniz Turkey, and all I can say is WOW! How could you not be into fishing in a place like that, the water looks amazing. Saw a pretty nice resort advertized too.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com