Fishwrangler's RAOK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have been following my 29 gal build you know I have been saying I'm going to do a RAOK for my staurogyne repens, and if you aren't following you know now.

This is going to be a picture based RAOK.
Rules
1. You have to have at least 50 posts at the time of posting to qualify
2. You have to post a picture of your tank the stars will go in
3. You have to live in the US (sorry international members)
4. You have to provide some type of background on your tank. This can include lighting, co2, ferts, inspiration, etc
4. I will pick 1-2 winners based the picture you post. Ties will be broken based on the tank background.

Each winner can expect ~1 dozen stems. They may or may not have roots, but should root very quickly when planted.

This contest ends in 1 week on August 3rd, and winners will be notified on the 4th.

Winners will be pmed, then announced on here, and plants will be shipped after August 6th.

Shipping via USPS 2 day priority.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dang it I don't even have 50 posts on your thing but eh whatever I will just wait for my star repens to make a big carpet. I have 12-14 stems and it's time to propagate so ya. But this a great ROAK I'm looking foward to seeing who the winner is and where the s repens will go

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh it's 50 posts in all .*facepalms* either way I won't win lol.

I am looking foward to them

Last edited by a moderator:
Does winner have to pay shipping?

Does winner have to pay shipping?

Nope. I don't have a paypal, and mailing me money isn't worth it. $10 shipping is nothing to help another members tank.

Nope. I don't have a paypal, and mailing me money isn't worth it. $10 shipping is nothing to help another members tank.

Ok awesome!! I'll post a pic in a sec!

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpspzrb9t6u.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsrwvg91y4.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsyh4rhgcv.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsxzjs3e8c.jpg

Here is my newly rescaped 10 gallon aquarium! I had star Repens in a very low tech tank so they were doing poorly. I planted them in this tank, but haven't seen a ton of improvement yet, they were really unhealthy with yellow and some white on their leaves. I now have a finnex planted plus, use oscomote root tabs, am dosing 4x the normal dose of Excel, and I'm running DIY co2. Hopefully I can get some healthy star Repens from you! I'd like the whole front of the tank to be a star Repens carpet, and go back a little bit on both edges! Thanks for hosting the RAOK

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438058990.191642.jpg

This is my 65 gallon. At this time it's only planted with Java fern, Java moss and Anubis. It has a fluorite red substrate. I just feel it's missing more plants

Very nice tanks you two!

With this hot weather I thought that if the winners would like a cold pack with the plants they would have to notify me. If not the plants will come in a small uninslated USPS flat rate box.

This is my 55 gallon column style tank before and after converting to a planted tank. It currently includes lots of water sprite, anubias nana, sword, and java fern. I dose with excel daily and flourish weekly. My lighting includes a aquatop led and fluval full spectrum led. Filtration is a fluval C4 with biomax and my own DIY filter. My inspiration to change from silk plants to planted is plainly my tank bored me. I needed a challenge and I definitely need more plants in my tank. Those repens will be a great fit in my tank.

Attachments

• 1438275389437.jpg
    1438275389437.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 1438275436437.jpg
    1438275436437.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1438275457329.jpg
    1438275457329.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 100
Everybody has such nice tanks I gotta put some work into mine now!

I hope I still have a chance of winning this even if I can't post pictures lol.

Tank Background: I have a lot of plants in my 5.5 gallon Dwarf Puffer tank, including peacock moss, anubias nana, java fern, dwarf sag, some bulbs, a couple sword's, anacharis and some foxtail. Running some DIY Co2 that I set up a couple days ago. Dosing API Co2 Booster with some API root tabs. I have a Finnex Stingray Cliplight. I need some kind of a plant that would take up the empty space up front and I think that those S. Repens would be a great carpeting plant. I bet Richard and Sharon would really appreciate it too (Those are the names of the puffer pair I have in there :) ) here a link to the page where I have a video posted of the tank: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/new-2-5-gallon-build-334254-12.html

Link brings me to a post from 2002. Try uploading the picture to your site gallery then posting it here.

Maybe you can help me I have a small 7.4 mr Aqua bow front I have hygrow, and some repens which are one of my faves some ruwigia and I'm having a problem with leaves deteriorating getting holes in the leaves leaves falling off mostly in the hygrow but I noticed a little in my repens which are doing very well do you have any suggestions?

48 hours left before the contest ends. I can't believe only 5 people want free plants!

Back
Top Bottom