fishy names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, i think this would be really fun for a new topic. Fish names. I name most of my fish. Here are some names i have given some of my favorites

goldfish(6)-chloe, melvin, squishy, baluga, talulabelle, corpral johnson
killifish(3)- Cuda, Petri, Beaks
platies(2)- Rosie and Fred
Bettas(2)- finnigan, Nigel
dwarf puffer- hampster
otos(2)- the squegee team
amano shrimp(2)- am and oh
baby angel- blue

not a fish but ok..
firebelly new- Nudey

Now share your fish names!

Betta - Fishy (he was my first fish)
Spotted SIlver Dollar - Spot (creative aren't I?)
BGK - Casper (the ghost...)

You could also buy 3 angels fish and name them after charlie's angels.

i do not really name my fish...

but i did name my DP

George, Franny 2 (franny one died monday :() and Seymour

i named by betta george. all the rest of my fish i refer to as stupid lol. seems mean but really it isnt. my mom wants to name every single baby yellow lab i now have but i wont let her. she kepps calling them her grand fishys lol.

oh god, her "grad fishies", thats just wierd, no offence to your mom.

I call all the fish i dont name stupid aswell. lol

"hey stupid, eat your food"
"hey stupid quit picking on that fish" LMAO

Common goldfish #1- Depot (reference to Tony Stewart)
Japanese shubunkin/Muse- Tony
Sarasa #1- Suerte (lucky she was rescued from being anchor worm food)
Sarasa #2- Asher
Japanese Shubbie- Dani
London Shubunkin- Kalooki
Oranda- Cho
Jikin- Ryuu
Fantail #1- Caddis
Fantail #2- Aphid
Common #2- Skip-bo
Sarasa #3- Tango

Male betta- Gulliver

Female betta #1- Angel
Female #2- Red Girl
Female #3- Clover

Unnamed- two platies, four loaches, two female bettas

BGK 1: Phantom (just saw Phantom of the opera before naming him)
BGK 2: Banshee

fitting of a ghost knife

I can't keep people names straight so I usually leave the fish naming to everyone else. My assistant named quite a few. Some of the more memorable ones were The Unsinkable Molly Brown (a GIGANTIC marbled molly female), a trio of male guppies she named after the three stooges, and Jessica Alba the angelfish (odd, because its not a dark angel...). I'm sure I'm forgetting some other funny names, I'll try to remember to ask about them tomorrow.

I have only ever named my Betta, Blinky. My mom has named one of our Africans "Big Piggy" because it's the biggest one in our tank and the first to get to the food.

I have an Angelfish named Archie, and had 2 Goldfish named Ying and Yang. (one was white and the other was orange w/ black spots)
Yeah, this would be really good as a sticky!

I don't normally name my fish, but the three Panda Corys that I keep in my QT tank, entertain me so much that I call them Larry, Moe, and Curly.

I call my angel Bob, but I call everyone Bob. sort of like the monty python guy that named his pets eric. At least naming fish makes more sense than naming cats

I don't like naming fishes, but my sister loves giving them all names. So, I let her take care of the naming department.

Black and White Clownfish: Atlas
Kole Tang: Cooley
3 Chromis: Hercules, Achilles, Odysseus
Sea Star: Patrick

I have known cats named Cat Kitten and Kitty. They were barn cats though so they were more like staff than pets.

I think naming cats makes more sense than naming fish though. The only name I have for anything aquatic is Quasimodo, my somewhat deformed ACF.

i have a peppermint bristlenose called Neb (short for Nebula, because he looks like a starry night sky), and my boyfriend has a golden algae eater called Elric (named after an old albino movie star... i don't know, ask my boyfriend :p)

i name all my pets. and i have a lot! :D

I was planning on naming my betta something in Japanese. (I know I know, but it's close enough.)

Ryuu - "dragon" or the one I was leaning towards, Yuudai "hero." I'm also planning on naming my shrimps something else in Japanese.

But now I probably won't be getting a betta, but a Gourami instead. I'll probably still name him something in Japanese, but I'll have to rethink the personality. ;) I have a big list of beautiful names and meanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom