Flower photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cJw said:
Too far north for hognosed snakes?

Has to be pretty far North, as we get them at my latitude in Canada.

Toirtis : You intentionally seek out rattlesnakes? That doesn't sound like too bright of an idea. :p

I intentionally seek out all snakes...I am, after all, a herpetologist. Here is one of many some associates and I observed/recorded on a herping trip a couple of years back (it was a bugger keeping her on that rock for photos):

Attachments

• crot5.jpg
    crot5.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 56
Toirtis - ok, so since you're a professional I guess that's normal - LoL. :d

I'm considering making a spot or two in my yard that will attract snakes - there are lots of non-venomous snakes here in KY, but I wonder how urban they would get. I'll have to ask some neighbors what they've seen.

I do remember a story from my wifes grandparents (who's house we're living in) about coming home to a big snake in the driveway giving birth as they pulled in. :eek:

That said, I got some more pics to show off - the tulips are blooming!

tulips13ld.jpg

tulips22qj.jpg

Toirtis said:
cJw said:
Too far north for hognosed snakes?

Has to be pretty far North, as we get them at my latitude in Canada.

Perhaps to far north was not a good way of putting it, but they are still not "in my area" of WV.

Please keep this thread on subject. I could chat "herps" til the sun goes down. I've kept/bred/rescued them for years. But, I want just spring photos. Thanks guys.

Nice tulips!! Keep em comin. :D

Well, Its raining now but it was so nice earlier that I had to go take some pics of more blooming things. I got tons of pictures, but these are the best ones...

You've inspired me to go take some more pics also Meredith. :D
Here are the only tulips I have bloomed so far.

Oh, and as a treat, here is one of those rare frilly yellow flowers everyone wants. You know, they eventually turn into a puff and blow away?

very nice fluff!
I took a weedy pic today too! I got a few pulled before it started raining. :D
Also do you know what this white flower is? The leaves are huge and it looks like there will only be one flower.

Fluff said:
Oh, and as a treat, here is one of those rare frilly yellow flowers everyone wants. You know, they eventually turn into a puff and blow away?

have you been quietly been bringing those flowers to my yard?? Ya know, I like them, but my neighbors seem to give me dirty looks when I feed them (the flowers, not my neighbors) :D

I started giving my daughter a penny for every yellow dandelion she brings me, Im going to have to refinance the house soon to pay her.

Meredith
If you do find out what that is, I would like to know. My Mom has them in her yard too, (she lives in the woods of TN) I like them, and would love to know what they are. We looked in her plant book, but to no avail.

Awww, you got a puffy one!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I have no idea what your white flower is. Sorry. But, it's pretty. :D

Melody
lol Yes, I've been getting a throwback from your daughter for everyone one I bring. lol Your financing my fish room. :lol:

Fluff said:
Melody
lol Yes, I've been getting a throwback from your daughter for everyone one I bring. lol Your financing my fish room. :lol:

so THATS where all my money is going... so can I at least claim co-ownership to maybe ONE of your salty tanks?? hehe
and all this time I have been telling her to not talk to strangers on the internet.. sheesh... shes grounded :D

I'm no stranger. Didn't I meet her in Front Royal? lol How about this, I got a female clownfish in a tank to herself. How about I name her after you? lol

that works..... better then 'Nemo'

and now that you mention it... yes, I think you did.
I cant remember who all I had with me. I know Tara was there... (step)
maybe it was all three...

So who else has been capturing some spring shots?? oh hold on I have a couple more...

Trillium.JPG

This is called 'Trillium' and it likes shady, woody areas; it grew everywhere in the woods by my childhood home and it's one of my all-time favs. :D

hows this?
You do know how to tell when spring is truely here right?
Forget the Robins... when you see the UPS man in shorts... THATS when its spring...
(My Hubby is the UPS man)

ARGH!!!!!! Fine... one pic at a time (file size to big)

Attachments

• robin_copy_web.jpg
    robin_copy_web.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 68
one more for now

although you cant see him, Abu, the horse is in the barn (lower level) Abu belongs to a friend and he is a very sweet horse, although he decided one day to eat his owners Miata top right off the car... 8O
I think I would have had me a horse hide top for my car....

Attachments

• barn_copy_web.jpg
    barn_copy_web.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 72
Fluff said:
Good job on the ID cJw!!

I love wildflowers; side effect from growing up in the woods, I guess. ;)

Speaking of wood. . .

dogwood18uj.jpg

A close up of our white dogwood's blooms.

tulips17gh.jpg

More tulips! :D

:edit:

Hopefully at some point Imageshack will come back up and you'll be able to see these pics.

:/edit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom