Flower photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody said:
cJw, do you have anything planted at the base of the Clematis? They like to have their roots shaded, try Hostas. As far as leaf spots, are you watering it too much? What about the soil? Clematis like good soil, but not too rich. They will grow in clay, but tend to be a little stunted. Just give it lots of love this year, cut back the dead wood, and I bet it will bounce back next year.

My clematis is growing about 2-3 inches a day now. Its getting ready to take over my mail box :D

We do, actually, have some 'Lady's Mantle' at the foot of the clematis, exactly for that reason. The more we think about it, though, the more we consider that the soil depth there may be the issue; it's between the driveway and the house and only about 8" deep there.

Also, the clematis dies at about the same size 3 years in a row now, so, 1 + 2 = new location. : grin :

New pic of the garden;

16655629_04f31b23e6.jpg

In the foreground is a sweet banana pepper plant, with some kale to it's right. Behind that, are the bush beans, which the rabbits are going to finish off if we don't get a fence up soon!

Just in front of that rose are the tomatoes - they need some heat and sun to get growing; we've had an extended spring this year - not that I'm upset about that. :D

You can't see the squash plants in this pic, but they're to the left and out of frame; we found out they like more sun that we're giving them, so I doubt they'll do anything too wonderous this year. :|

The rose seems to like it there. ;)

Beautiful garden cJw! Unfortunately every plant I touch seems to die. :lol:

I've got spring pics to add...
I took the first 2 at my grandparents' house in Louisville this weekend, and the third one was taken in my front yard- aren't they cute? :D

img_419975_0_32b7f86ddc20b958e5873264815f2657.jpg

img_419975_1_e1ace52ff9196afba1a09da6ded21511.jpg

img_419975_2_5a35a01d367fe9950b8baad29ef45240.jpg

adorable bunnies!

I love the 2nd pic - fuschia is one of my all time fav plants, gorgeous, over-flowering and multi-colored; what more could you want? :D

Here in Lou the lillies have started blooming, but we just started a week long rain forecast, so we'll see if I can ever get pics. :|

Great pics you all. I need to take more. I wanted to get some of my bearded iris but they are about done. My roses are budding though so, I'll get them. :p

Beautiful Fluff! Do you have anything rigged to keep your peonies off the ground? I put some stake things in the other day, but it doesn't look very nice.

here's more. The rose is a very old rose that the lady who owned my house planted.

Thanks Meredith. :D
They are planted along a fence. We use twine and tie them up. Hey, don't the purple things look like zoos? That's why I had to have them. lol

Well, they took long enough to bloom, but here is what my wife has been growing out in the patio.

Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• splants_001.jpg
    splants_001.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 26
I have no idea.

Here's another one of my pics. :D Nice shots everyone, BTW!

img_421520_0_bc92cd316f1a6f7b2ad9e3e4170e3322.jpg

8O Awesome pics Zac!
Ok, I can't resist, here's some more of mine:
img_421763_0_3a9f2869e94d674f4f96aba3f17a23dc.jpg

img_421763_1_9900e5cd920a669462ef1bc7dfde563f.jpg

img_421763_2_0c05646ce78d3db1d4bd3ef875f9b730.jpg

Jchillin said:
Well, they took long enough to bloom, but here is what my wife has been growing out in the patio.

Does anyone know what it is?

That looks a lot like 'Dianthus', a perrenial that we can't ever get to grow the second year. :|

Dianthus%20gratianopolitanus.jpg

PICT0722.sized.jpg

PICT0724.sized.jpg

PICT0720.sized.jpg

PICT0718.sized.jpg

PICT0717.sized.jpg

PICT0716.sized.jpg

If anybody knows what that mossy stuff in the last pic is let me know....

Great pics everyone! Keep em comin!

zacdl, the mossy stuff looks like seedum. If it is, it should get a tiny small yellowish flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom