Flower photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got more pics. :D Can anyone ID the pink things for me? They are growing amongst a climbing rosebush and another bush.

Beautifull pics everyone! :D I know it's nearly summer, but still, here's some of my spring photo's:

img_428688_0_2cfe66b75b070c99caee218566e4ad31.jpg

img_428688_1_b553cc1602f3b6674719e09025eaf61a.jpg

img_428688_2_481c4b774b87f518e6ff600ad29bdb21.jpg

Ahhh...although the temps are unseasonable, we still have 8 more days 'til summer officially begins. Let the spring photos continue! :D

*Fluff - Change title in 8 days...LOL

Fluff - I think your " pink things" among the roses are sweet peas. Do they have a very sweet smell?

You know, they are growing among a rose bush and another bush (they were planted there when I bought the house). I have no idea if they smell or not. All I smell is the roses when I get near. I'll have to make a point to check. I thought they looked like sweet peas as well but they are so big...... I was't sure. Thanks JG!

Sweet peas! I knew they looked familiar! We just dug out a huge chunk of these plants; they're just now coming back. :p

Here're (is that a valid contraction?) some pics I took yesterday evening in the yard:

19504677_ad23aa0e7f.jpg

Coleus; awesome annuals. ;) Catharanthus (pink; aka Periwinkle) and alyssum (white) in the background.

19503895_52d4112169.jpg

A 'blue' hosta blooming - another fav plant. ;)

19503892_89d2021ffe.jpg

Here's a flower on a lily I've yet to positively ID - we gave these out as bulbs @ our wedding, so we've just called them 'wedding lilies'. The flowers have a waxy sheen and are sturdy, with tall stems and spiky leaves.

19503894_a4a380ee4d.jpg

They also have some gorgeous color. :D

19503893_65ea877810.jpg

I suspect these are 'day lilies'; we've tons of 'em.

19503890_e8477e7714.jpg

I suspect this is an orb weaver of some sort; he was only about 3/4" long and I was glad I got this nice macro; I didn't think I got any that would turn out. ;)

Larger versions available here.

We also picked our first red cherry tomato yesterday! It's almost fresh produce time! :cheers:

those are GREAT! My lily plants are very tall but no flowers yet. And one of the lily plants didn't come up at all this year. They grow from bulbs correct? Should I dig it up and see if they need separating?

Yes lilies grow from bulbs, but I'm not sure about splitting them. I do know that once a cluster of lilies gets too thick, they do grow and flower better if separated. It sounds like you have them planted fairly far apart; how long have those bulbs been in that spot?

I wouldn't be worried yet, though, if they haven't flowered - unless you were in Louisville with me. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed my pics, Fluff! ;)

Wow...great pics. I am considering a few lilies next year (this year I have a few in pots)...this year its begonias and dianthus, mostly....well, and my front garden of giant, monster ferns and hostas (none of which will bloom for another couple of weeks yet).

Our hostas are just blooming this week; we've a couple ferns, but they're still young and not too terribly 'monster' yet. We do need one more; a smallish one - any recommendations?

We've a begonia/impatient bed that I haven't photo'd yet; I'll have to try to get pics of that one up. It's also where the stubborn sweet pea plant is invading; I suspect that it'll be gone today, though; my wife's off of work today. :p

19859570_8f18072e85.jpg

I found out last night, from my local lily expert (aka my wife), that these are actually asiatic lilies. I still like 'wedding' lilies, but w/e. :D

giving them out to guests at your wedding was a nice idea. great pics everyone!

I hates you all! Nothing but heavy rain again today we are getting about 150mm= (6"+) every 24 hours on already saturated ground....lots of flooding in the south part of my city and south of my city....the plants are crying for some sun.

Beautiful rose Severum. I have some more getting ready to open up. Can't wait. :D But, for now, I have MATERS!!! And here a pic of some honeysuckle growing along my back fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom