For all you snake lovers. ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-78snakestory,0,2865134.story?coll=sfla-news-fringe

The photo, I am sure, is genuine, and the snake is quite large....but the trick is how the photo was taken....its an old fishing-photo trick...hold the animal way out in front of you (in this case on the end of a snake-stick, or with a fish, at arms length), and thanks to perception, it appears about 50% larger than it really is. Too bad, though....a huge rattlesnake would be pretty cool.

I agree, it's a beautiful rattler and the idea of one that large would be awesome. lol

That's still a very large rattle snake. Toirtis even though they used the stick technique how long would you say the snake is? It appears to be taller than them.

Well, its a Western Diamondback, and they do get big....6' is not too uncommon, and the record is 7'4"...so imagine a 6½' snake made to look even 30% bigger, and it could appear 8'+.

Toirtis said:
Well, its a Western Diamondback, and they do get big....6' is not too uncommon, and the record is 7'4"...so imagine a 6½' snake made to look even 30% bigger, and it could appear 8'+.

That snake needs to be playing basketball...lol

Also notice the pic was taken with a wide angle lens (the sidewalk, I'm assuming, has a straight edge to it, not a round one, as it appears) and the men are also kinda hunchy-lookin (to me) so I'd say they went well out of their ways to make this snake look huge...

A giant rattler is not something I'd like to stumble upon, but I have always thought rattlers looked too small to be so dangerous. :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom