Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

AHHH NO!!!!! whats wrong with you man? I was an 80's child but ack that looks like the white jackson 5

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...KELLYBUNDY.jpg
above says it all.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

And my wife can attest, I see teenage skater whatever GUYS walking around with those tight jeans that dont have any room to breathe let alone fart in I go ape crap. Hair in their face like those kids on those shows on nick that my kids watch.

If this is the future of america walking around in tight no gassing jeans and bangs longer then any girl ive ever known, im moving to samoa.

Hot pants man they look like they are getting ready to roller dance at the roller rink from 1984.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahahaha, lol. I remember that actually (not when it came out but just seeing it on tv).

So was this you?

EDIT: Ya, i swear with those tight jeans if the bend over much less fart those pants are spiltting. I call it population control with the tight jeans, those guys arent having kids. As for the baggy pants, thats just stupid.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually, Im from SoCal, the southern haircuts were not prime choice out in skater land.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil View Post
If this is the future of america walking around in tight no gassing jeans and bangs longer then any girl ive ever known, im moving to samoa.
We're about the same age and although you're from So Cal and I'm from the midwest I'll bet some of the trends were the same throughout our childhood. I'm sure that the adults of the time didn't think too much of kids dressed like this.

Haha. An old saying goes, "The clothes don't make the man". I have a few of the "skater kids" in my youth group and some wear the skinnies and some don't. Some are awesome kids and some have their issues. Same can be said of any social group or clique though.
yenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

They were, I was NOT a fan of grunge music nor the look, Ive never looked at seattle the same way since.

I grew up in both actually, I moved from SoCal when I was 12 going on 13 then finished those last 5 years of kid life back here in chicago, MAJOR cultural changes between the two places.

I do agree, NEVER judge a book by its cover. The nastiest looking dude you see could be the nastiest richest dude you see.
I wore shorts mostly and t shirts till I moved here then it went to pants (moved here in sept of 93, big climate shock too)
I do have to argue the skater kids now are NOTHING like they were 20-25 years ago. back then we didnt wear skinnies, yes baggy but they did serve a purpose with all the activity of skating and BMX riding ect. But the skater kids I see wearing skinnies walk around like that pic you posted. Holding their boards. I dunno but back in the day those boards would be confiscated and other stuff by the skaters back then.

Best example I can give between then and now. Gleaming the cube.
And I agree, same can be said about any group or clique. Its just funny how things come back around that you used to do way back when and now its more of a "WTF" response from us old fogies.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Agreed/ One kid swears he skates better in them. I just say, "Good for you." and smile. Another wore skinnies and has since given them up. Oh well. They're not hurting me and they're not my kids. Haha.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

im sure you guys had to walk uphill both ways to school too. and you LIKED it. :p
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Haha. Nope. Rode the bus or drove. I had to ride my bike to middle school though. It was uphill the better part of the trip though. Sucked in the mornings, but downhill coasting all the way home in the afternoons.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
im sure you guys had to walk uphill both ways to school too. and you LIKED it. :p
and we didn't get to wear shoes on our feet, just shoe boxes.......if we were lucky.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com