Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Fourth of july is here again !!

First of all I would like to wish everyone a Safe and happy forth of July weekend.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

As a former North Carolina Fireman I would like to offer a few safety tips for a safe holiday weekend , these simple tips could save your life or even a trip to the emergency room.

1.) Always have a garden hose or fire extinguisher handy in-case of a stray fire and a 5 gal bucket filled with water to put all used fire works as they can stay hot over 24 hrs.

2.) Never use fireworks without a adult present , small children under age 5 should never be in contact with any of firework even with adult supervision , children 6 to 10 can be in contact with certain small fireworks such as party poppers and snaps, the # 1 cause of children's injury are burns from sparklers , no child under 10 should handle these as they tend to grab the hot end after it fizzles , 10 and up along with adult supervision along with this simple safety tip , Take a 20 oz Solo cup flip it upside down poke a pin hole in the center of the bottom of the cup , while the cup is still upside down insert sparkler lift cup grab wire inside cup as cup shields the hand from sparks and burns,

3.) Never lean over any firework when igniting

4.) Only light one firework at a time , move back quickly after lite

5.) Never attempt to modify or relight a firework that went out or is missing the fuse.

6.) always use fireworks outside , in a open area away from the house or any flammable items such as gas or dry grass/trees , always soak area you are going to use to set off fireworks for at-least 4 hrs prior ,

7.) always keep the supply of fireworks in a sealed plastic container to prevent accidental ignition from sparks ,

8.) Never throw fireworks towards people , Never hold fireworks that are lite ,

9.) Don't use fireworks under the influence of alcohol ,

10.) Keep all emergency numbers next to the phone as you never know when you will need them .

11.) Always use common sense and may everyone have a safe 4th of July

Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #2

POTM Champion

Go boom and sparkle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 07-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I wore an American themed bro tank, Texas flag chubbies and an American flag fanny pack.
God bless America land of the free because of the brave.
Thank you to all our policemen, firemen, armed forces and coast guard!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

In my younger stupid teenage years I found a firecracker that had a really short fuse. Needless to say I never tried that again after it exploded in my face lol. Be safe everyone and thank you for your service Seaweed it's a dangerous job.

Caleb
Old 07-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's kind of funny you say that because me and my little brother were watching the neighbors fireworks when the rack tipped and he shells started firing everywhere, nearly blew us up. Really happy nothing happened though.
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
I went on a date to the Fourth of July Fair with my fiance last night and left the fireworks to the pros Thanks for the helpful advice, and for being a firefighter! *shakes digital hand*
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy14 View Post
YOU DONT SAY

Sent from inside my fish tank
Why are you trolling...

sit in silence...
Old 07-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils View Post
It's kind of funny you say that because me and my little brother were watching the neighbors fireworks when the rack tipped and he shells started firing everywhere, nearly blew us up. Really happy nothing happened though.
Glad to here your ok , when fireworks enter the picture many people go into vegetation mode , there mind set just disappears not using simple common sense then when either they or there spectators get hurt they claim it's not there fault ,
I have seen this many times they blame the fireworks being faulty or the people were standing in the wrong spot , well I ask who lite them you'll just get a blank stair ,
glad to see many went to professional shows this year , everyone still has there fingers and toes , I remember the stupid things I did when I was young
pouring gas into a trash can and lighting a belt of fire crackers , well that wasn't fun I set my truck on fire ,
anyway glad everyone's here safe ready for another year

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com