Frankenstorm hitting the US !!! what are you doing to protect your fish?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billberet

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,
the storm of the year is here and i hope everyone is ready.
I've learned from experience that if you are not prepared, you can loose your entire stock.
This will NEVER happen to me again!
Power WILL be going out and we have to be prepared as a fish community.

-All my tanks are on battery backup
-generator is ready in the yard
-creating extra RODI water,
-making batch of marine water.
this will cover my ATO unit, and any water changes that might have to be done.

what is everyone else doing to prepare?

I like living on the west coast:)

Hope everything goes okay for you guys and everyone remains safe!!

Gboy66 said:
I like living on the west coast:)

Hope everything goes okay for you guys and everyone remains safe!!

Grrr
Lol don't get too uppity you guys get a fair share of inclement weather
I woke up this morning to the joyous sound of running filters, so alls good for right now. Only problem is a couple inches of rain are being dumped on us. Sounds like someone is playing the drums on top of the house lol

it's only 1:30pm and already power is going in and out.
but battery backups are doing great. and generator is on stand by.
keeping fingers crossed.

worst part is the storm isn't even here yet !!!!!

yeah we live right in the path of the storm in harrisburg,pa. the worst will be coming in the early evening hours. winds sustained at 40-50 miles per hour with gust up to 80!! pretty scary because you know electricity will be out sooner or later. i did a water change this morning and i have a generator so i feel ready but with high winds you never know if you'll have structure damage to your house and then anything could happen, good luck east coast aquarium lovers!

Same here. I am working right now (tv, phone, internet) company so I am pretty busy but power near my town on Long Island is still okay. Winds are bad , rains not to bad yet. Tonight in to tomorrow is going to suck bad. I was looking to find some sort of battery operated bubbler or something to drop in my 3 tanks to keep it airated if i do lose power. Any ideas? I'm doing water changes when i get home so other than that Im keeping my fingers crossed.

All you fellow members on L.I. by the south shore and the Rockaway's at zone A, best be prepared for the storm surge combined with the high tides ... Starting around 7pm or so. I'm hearing 11ft plus surge ... Plus waves.

jcolon said:
All you fellow members on L.I. by the south shore and the Rockaway's at zone A, best be prepared for the storm surge combined with the high tides ... Starting around 7pm or so. I'm hearing 11ft plus surge ... Plus waves.

Yikes! Scary...I hope everyone stays safe!

Oh yeah 700k on L.I. W/out power, houses up and down the south shore with new and natural indoor pools. Yep, unprecedented ... For L.I.'s ... A good description.

good luck guys! hope you are alright, your list sounds good and should get you through!

Hope all you aquarium friends tanks made it threw the storm in li area in Astoria so far mo powers but my tank is ok only sad thing lost my big tank had to move stock into a 10 gallon tank started leaking bad 35 gallon hexagon was a nice tank praying for all the best

Been watching the news, hope everyone is okay!
We're experiencing high winds and rain all the way over here in northwest Ohio, I'm worried for you guys in the east!

i am in Long Island. LIPA says 10+ days till power is restored.
i have a generator, my concern now is running out of gas !!!!!!

so far, fish are good and happy.
keeping fingers crossed!!!!

I am thankful my power only went out for 14 hours. During this time-frame I did a water change on my 3 tanks. Every hour or two Id fill up a solo cup of water and dump it back in to airate the water a little bit since it was sitting dead still. all my fish survived even though it was only a short time-frame but I was worried as hell. I wish all of you the best of luck with your personal lives as well as your fish. Sandy really messed stuff up for alot of people.

billberet said:
i am in Long Island. LIPA says 10+ days till power is restored.
i have a generator, my concern now is running out of gas !!!!!!

so far, fish are good and happy.
keeping fingers crossed!!!!

I can't get over the pics from Long Beach, because my wife used to live at East Atlantic Beach and her Aunt & uncle's
place in Long Beach was flooded, been by there dozens of times.

I have a few tanks and I want to get a generator tomorrow just in case.... My reef is to precious to me...

I hope all are Allright and the storm hasn't effected to many people to make a huge difference :( hang in there everyone

Back
Top Bottom