Free Tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have quite a selection to choose from as far as fish. 30g is a good starting size in my opinion. :)

You can get a pair of clowns of course, and maybe 2 other fish of normal size. No tangs or anything crazy but you have some room to work with.

here is a link for some SW fish, it will have their needs listed and tank size required.

Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

Anyone have experience with basic damsels and clowns ? I've read that damsels can be quite overbearing ..

If at all possible you might wanna pass on the damsels. They are cheap, pretty and hardy but alot of people have issues with their aggressiveness. They can take over a tank. lol

Clowns are still damsels, but they are alot more mellow, especially if you get a regular oscellaris rather than, say, a maroon one.

Yes , I've read the maroons are fiesty ! Have you had a pipe fish ?? I like the look of them . & excuse me if this is a newbie question but why doesn't anyone set up seahorse tanks ???

People do seahorses, they just need a very specific type of tank. i believe they need extra clean water and low flow and need to be fed live food. Theres been some build threads on them, just very challenging

My husband feels i need to take an aquarium down .... ****** which will it be . I wonder how hard it would be to sell my 36 gallon ....

How many do you have? I have 8 up and running right now and luckily my b/f is super and hasnt had a fit yet. lol YET.....

8 ... I WISH , this will be my third . He really wanted me to wait until we move into our new house to start sw , but I convinced him I really needed to practice , LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom