Fresh, Salt, or Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt, Fresh, or Brackish?

• Freshwater

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Brackish

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
all freshwater here...i was thinking of making my newest addition (20G long) to be a saltwater but my pocket can't handle the prices of the saltwater stuff. :-( so back to freshwater setup! :) maybe in the future.

I've had all 3! Currently a 90 gallon reef and a 30 gallon fresh discus pair. I used to keep archer fish in a 55 gallon brackish very cool fish.

I WISH I could do saltwater. But being 16 limits me to a lot. Haha oh well. Freshwater it is for now.

FW not always the prettiest nd less veriety but easy nd just as nice as SW. How/what is BW kept?

A green spotted puffer :D

i hope you have a decent size tank. they can get to be pretty big and live long if you care for them right. they are also full marine when adults. i was going to get them but i only have about 22 gallons of water for one so im searching for a fig 8

FW not always the prettiest nd less veriety but easy nd just as nice as SW. How/what is BW kept?

brackish water, "bw", it is where the ocean and freshwater combine. if the specific gravity or "SG" of freshater is 1.00(no salt) and the SG of salt is around 1.024, i believe im not a salt person but i think that is very close, someone correct me if im wrong, then brackish SG is between there and is usually on the low end between 1.005 and 1.015. Specific gravity is how dense the water is. i find that brackish are easier kept them fresh or salt because they are less disease prone due to the salt and they are used to drastic water quality changes depending on the tide and weather. i also love the variety of life that lives in brackish. many crabs, shrimp, puffers and my personal favorite are mudskippers (the coolest fish every)

Yeah she's upgrading to a 40g soon and is in brackish atm (on the way to sw)

Freshwater when living in Germany (almost impossible to afford SW there).
First thing I bought when u move over here to the US was a SW tank LOL

Back
Top Bottom