Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: FW -V- SW :::::::: Who wins? :::::
FW!!!!!!!! 18 48.65%
SW!!!!!! 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

More work has gone into FW, look at a wild betta, dull dull dull - look at them now, colourfull??
A clownfish, same in the great barrier reef, same in your petshop, same in your tank, same everywhere, (exept possibly a tiny colour variation)
Yes, I have seen many SW fish, there is a public aquarium down the road, quite a big one, blue planet.

[quote="Devilishturtles"]
Quote:
$70 dollars for a clownfish!!!
[quote="Devilishturtles"]
Quote:
More like $15.
No they are av £40 here (pier aquatics is the cheapest £25) If they were 7 1/2 quid id snap em up!!!! i'd have my own tank full of nemos,LOL but they arnet, The price is only the seccond drawback, as I said in my first post

Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

can this be moved to the lounge please???

Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Re: Fresh Water -VS- Salt Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertie
I think FW are better! there is plenty of choice, and FW has soooooo much more charecter, I would rather have a betta than the dumb page 3 model (no offence page 3 models lol, i bet u get payed a load) of the fish world the clownfish, sure they are gracefull, and colourfull, but Fw are more real, IMO SWs look like theyve had plastic surgery on every part of theyre body, they dont look natural theyre tacky,
and the theyres the price $70 dollars for a clownfish!!! when you can get a perfectly nice betta or clown loach with the same colours for a few quid!!! the only Saltwater fish that i like better than its freshwater cousins is this wierd cat fish (it smiled at me) It did that puppy dog thing (pick me pick me) and it wasss soooooooooooooooooooooo good, it was also, i think iot must have been trying to escape too because it kept being chased by one of those wierd things at the bottom with a dalmation pattern
sure, if someone offered me a SW tank (complete) id snap at its heels (meaning id take it lol)
If I had a biiiiiiiiiig house and i was loaded (rich) i'd have SW too, but pride of place in the living room, theyre would be a big fat FW tank with loads of nice FW fishies in it,
id get that exact cat fish that smiled at me too lol and put it in a big tank with a cricket bat with that mean thing that was attacking it, lol
What do you think??
Are you kidding me? I disagree that freshwater fish have more character. Saltwater I believe by far have more personality, are more pleasing to the eye, and more fun to watch. I myself don't have a saltwater tank, but if I had the money I would much rather have one. The only reason I have fresh water is because I don't have the money for a saltwater. Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've had both FW and SW. Sorry, SW wins hands-down. I'm not saying SW is cheaper or easier or that there aren't drawbacks to SW, I'm saying it's about 100 times more interesting.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 03-30-2005, 11:13 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam
Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.
There are a few FW that are cool - I like Silver Dollars and Discus. I remember talking to the guy who moved me from FW to SW. He told me that the blandest, most boring SW fish is more interesting than the most exciting FW fish.

He was right.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to SsSarahsS
I have had both FW and SW tanks. I also have clownfish and they look nothing like Nemo lol. What's really cool about SW tanks is that when you get live rock there is always new things popping up that you have never seen before. I also feel that SW fish have more character. But it's true when it comes to money a FW tank can be extremely pleasing at a lower cost. But I can't say I have ever seen a clownfish more than $24.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to StyleUK
<3 Ugly, boring, smelly FW fish! I'm yet to find an ugly boring smellyt SW fish.

Please point me out some, they all look the same tbh.

JMHO
Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Monarch
Quote:
Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.
There are a few FW that are cool - I like Silver Dollars and Discus. I remember talking to the guy who moved me from FW to SW. He told me that the blandest, most boring SW fish is more interesting than the most exciting FW fish.

He was right.
Yea, I agree with you, I mean I enjoy my semi agressive tank. I have 2 tanks and my favorite fish out of all of them are a 10in pleco. My stingray, needlfish, and full grown silver dollar. but I would rather have a SW.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was right.
Yea, I agree with you, I mean I enjoy my semi agressive tank. I have 2 tanks and my favorite fish out of all of them are a 10in pleco. My stingray, needlfish, and full grown silver dollar. but I would rather have a SW.
I think every aquarium owner would. But it takes a butt-load of money and patience and itsn't worth it if you aren't completely into it.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was right.
I think every aquarium owner would. But it takes a butt-load of money and patience and itsn't worth it if you aren't completely into it.
Exactly. I think I would have enough time, I just don't have the money. I am happy with my FW, but I think SW is a lot better.

Tags
fresh, fresh water, salt, salt water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com