Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: FW -V- SW :::::::: Who wins? :::::
FW!!!!!!!! 18 48.65%
SW!!!!!! 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Fresh Water -VS- Salt Water

I think FW are better! there is plenty of choice, and FW has soooooo much more charecter, I would rather have a betta than the dumb page 3 model (no offence page 3 models lol, i bet u get payed a load) of the fish world the clownfish, sure they are gracefull, and colourfull, but Fw are more real, IMO SWs look like theyve had plastic surgery on every part of theyre body, they dont look natural theyre tacky,
and the theyres the price $70 dollars for a clownfish!!! when you can get a perfectly nice betta or clown loach with the same colours for a few quid!!! the only Saltwater fish that i like better than its freshwater cousins is this wierd cat fish (it smiled at me) It did that puppy dog thing (pick me pick me) and it wasss soooooooooooooooooooooo good, it was also, i think iot must have been trying to escape too because it kept being chased by one of those wierd things at the bottom with a dalmation pattern
sure, if someone offered me a SW tank (complete) id snap at its heels (meaning id take it lol)
If I had a biiiiiiiiiig house and i was loaded (rich) i'd have SW too, but pride of place in the living room, theyre would be a big fat FW tank with loads of nice FW fishies in it,
id get that exact cat fish that smiled at me too lol and put it in a big tank with a cricket bat with that mean thing that was attacking it, lol
What do you think??

Old 03-29-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
all i can say is it's a good thing you posted this in the fw forum 'cause those who keep sw could get pretty defensive about the remarks. I agree about the clownfish though, ever since nemo everyone wants a clownfish. When you look at ALL the options and variety sw has it's as cool as fw. Which is better looking is a matter of opinion. i love both but don't want to spend the money for sw. I'll leave that to the big commercial aquariums where i can spend a few bucks to enjoy all there hard work and money spent.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
I would have a SW tank if I had the money, time, and room for one(or more ). I would say neither "wins" though.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
IDK but i think that FW and SW are just as pretty as either of them

i mean with SW you have the Lionfish and with FW you can get really agressive fish just like it so i say nither really is the best, although i really think that SW fish have better color blends than some(keyword=SOME!) of the FW fish

except all angelfish are really pretty(FW and SW)

so like i said, niether are THE best
Old 03-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Post this in the lounge instead of the FW forum and you would get a true reading of the people using this sight. SW is my preferred choice. I have had many FW tanks over the years and still have one but the SW is much more satisfying to me.
Vote for AquariumAdvice

28gal bowfront
40lbs livesand(bag from LFS), 30lbs live rock(LR.com)
2 O. Clowns
1 peppermint shrimp, 5 red leg hermit crabs,
4 mexican turbo snails, 15 nassarius snails
ricordea mushroom, candy cane coral,
super color polyps, hairy mushrooms
bubble coral, hawiian feather duster
coralife lunar 2x65, HOT magnum canister
10 Gal refugium(chaeto) & seaclone skimmer
Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Rach101
I think that freshwater is just perferred more because alot of people dont have the resources needed to delve into sw. Very expensive.
We are far to young and clever
-too* in retrospect the irony hurts
Old 03-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
This seems like a trolling thread so, I'll keep my response short. I keep both and love both equally. They both have their ups and downs but that's what keeps it interesting.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
perfect reponse Fluff

and someone get an Advisor and move this to the lounge to get a real answer
Old 03-29-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
$70 dollars for a clownfish!!!
More like $15.

And I agree with Fluff. I have kept both, and I like both equally the same.
To say SW looks fake is unbelievable though. You obviouslly haven't seen enough SW fish.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
yes like Devlishturtles said

you havent seen enough SW fishies

cause just take a look at the Flame Angelfish and the Emporer Angelfish they are really pretty, along with my all time favorite SW fish the Lionfish
Closed Thread

fresh, fresh water, salt, salt water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com