From aquarium to eviction...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi apparently because I have aquariums it has led to my mother in law kicking me and my girlfriend out of the house has anyone else had a similar problem? I paid rent every week but this wasn't good enough haha

Hmmmmm..... Touchy subject but is there more to the story then just aquarium? :angel: The way i'm looking at it is..... her house, her rules... I would have kept a nano under the bed either way...lol

I'm no lawyer, and I can't give sound legal advice. That being Sao I do think their is a law that says they have to give you a 30 or 60 day notice before your eviction date.

Just trying to help so you are not out on your a** before you can find another place.

No we aren't married yet and I only have 2 aquariums in the house one was a gift from her and the other one is my nano tank that she said I can get

Don't take this wrong way, but "Man up!" Whatever happened it's now time to sit down and try to """TALK""" to her. Listen, listen and listen to what she has to say and forget about what happened. Forget about court/the law (doesnt help in this case) this is your girlfriend's mother. It will only get ugly from here on out since it's family and she shouldn't be in the middle of it. Now, I have no clue what went on and can only try to help you in looking at it different. If you still feel the need to move out after you spoke to you or she is still kicking you out that is okay. Since it will be you & your girl's place you can now have a few more aquariums :brows:

Good luck!

I'm not going to go to court or anything she is upset over money that her ex husband owes her and she has made a few bad investments with him which she lost out on and she keeps trying to blame everyone who is around her and she lost it tonight and said that my aquariums are a waste of money and that the money should be put towards more better things... I am only 20 but I already own my own car and have money saved up to build my own house at the moment I'd say I'm set up alright and can spare a few dollars here and there for the things I like in life eg my aquariums haha my old boy always told me to cover my *** while I'm young that way when I'm his age I can relax a little more

Sounds more like a stress issue. Ask her if she needs any help with any thing around the house. Help her even if she doesn't deserve it and even if you don't live there, and even if it isn't appreciated. Sometimes you can do things for the greater good.

I'm currently off work cos I had surgery on my hand so I have been home lately doing all I can I do the washing the dishes and feed all the animals I try to make it a bit less stressed around here but it doesn't seem to be enough I'm thinking about going away for a little bit but I don't want to leave my tanks here because they don't get looked after properly. I went out one night and my lights were left on and my mother in law couldn't figure out how to turn them off so she just unplugged my whole system and killed 4 of my fish I was gone for just over a day but it got cold in winter and I think they went into shock or something

Sounds more like a stress issue. Ask her if she needs any help with any thing around the house. Help her even if she doesn't deserve it and even if you don't live there, and even if it isn't appreciated. Sometimes you can do things for the greater good.

(y)

At least you are trying... Bring her some flowers , take her out to bfast or buy something she likes or likes doing. If she is stressing then this will help some.... This in the long run will be golden for your gfriend & you...Kill her with kindness! Good luck, bud!

Back
Top Bottom