Frozen foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Has anyone else come across the down sizing of cubed foods. each cube now are about 1/2 of what they were . I tend to order in bulk for price and shipping.
this time I ordered several types of foods pretty much like normal, 4+ sleeves

well I got a big surprise all the frozen packs were cut in half , you would think they would say something about this . the part that makes me mad is the price went up a buck but size dropped by 1/2 .

so far I only seen this change in San-Francisco bay , I hope the other brands don't follow suite ,

buyer beware read fine print (y)

Hello 54...

I used to think I needed to feed my fish frozen foods. I found most of the leading brands of flakes and freeze dried are engineered to provide the nutritional requirements for most species. So, I got a cheap blender and now blend a combo of the leading brands of flaked and freeze dried together and the fish thrive as before.

Save your money. The flaked and freeze dried are a better bargain and you don't have to sacrifice quality.

B

:slides chair aside from the back of the room, a dark corner, wasn't intending on participating tonight , the night needs me... the people need me.. the FISH need me... :
Hey bb, your fish want dehydrated food? Send them to NASA space camp... I'll pay for the frozen food.. they really do enjoy it!! And it's actually food, like maybe not the stuff that falls off the belt and gets swept into the "dehydrated" pile;) you keep doing you though!

Hello 54...

I used to think I needed to feed my fish frozen foods. I found most of the leading brands of flakes and freeze dried are engineered to provide the nutritional requirements for most species. So, I got a cheap blender and now blend a combo of the leading brands of flaked and freeze dried together and the fish thrive as before.

Save your money. The flaked and freeze dried are a better bargain and you don't have to sacrifice quality.

B

I've been feeding frozen as long as I remember the fish will not touch flake or pellets I must have 8 or 9 unopened cans of it should post a classified
my only fish that likes shrimp pellets is my engineer goby. the coloring on the fish seem more vibrant to overall , I just think like a fish pellets and flake
didn't come from the ocean the fish and shrimp in frozen did ,

My biggest problem is I'm a crazy impulse buyer almost everything I buy for my tanks is usually bulk , I just bought another 2500ft roll of filter media from pinky my last roll lasted a little over 3 years .

going to research the other frozen company's see if they intend to do same
I sure hope not

I buy flats in bulk...Thank God 1 lb. is still 1 lb, but with these cheapies you never know when it will say 11.5 oz?Of course the price will be the same or go up...
Most cubes are /were 3.5oz...Except rotifers and BBS that are 1.75...

the weight says 1.75oz the cubes are very noticeable they were like a centimeter in size now about 1/2 that ,my Vlamingi tang eats a full cube alone he's a pig , I use twice the amount just to get same amount I always feed , I'm thinking about going to flats seems more economical

The flats are more of pain to use ,but cubes price would severely impact my fishes menu..
1.75 oz is half of what Hikari and San Francisco brands are still selling at Kens..Well what they say they are selling?

San Francisco is one of the ones down sized 1.75 I usually use the Hikari but that was out of stock

Back
Top Bottom