Fun/funny things your fish do to surprise you :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought I would start a for fun thread and post things your fish do that amaze you, make you laugh, etc. Mine: my albino pleco did this the other night... I was amazed but laughing about it forever! It was near the waterline and all of a sudden it jumped onto the(what I call the lip of an HOB... The part that the water falls over into the tank) and stuck on it for a little while then jumped back in the tank. I had a pleco with my first go around with fish about 4 years ago and my pleco never did anything like that before. I was amazed. And I will say my albino pleco is always out, hardly ever hides, and so active!
So now for your stories. Go!

I thought I would start a for fun thread and post things your fish do that amaze you, make you laugh, etc. Mine: my albino pleco did this the other night... I was amazed but laughing about it forever! It was near the waterline and all of a sudden it jumped onto the(what I call the lip of an HOB... The part that the water falls over into the tank) and stuck on it for a little while then jumped back in the tank. I had a pleco with my first go around with fish about 4 years ago and my pleco never did anything like that before. I was amazed. And I will say my albino pleco is always out, hardly ever hides, and so active!
So now for your stories. Go!

One thing that makes me laugh is when every you stick your hand in the tank my danios like bite your arm and not just once or twice al the time lol is coo it feels funny makes me laugh

I loved how my clown loaches - may they rest in peace - would see me coming with a frozen shrimp cube and all four would attack my hand and yoink the cube right out of my fingers.

Cichlidguy101 said:
One thing that makes me laugh is when every you stick your hand in the tank my danios like bite your arm and not just once or twice al the time lol is coo it feels funny makes me laugh

I have giant danios and they never do that with me. Interesting.

Barbs try to bite my hand but my leaf fish guards my hand and chases them if they come near me!

My little CPO comes to the front of the tank and looks at me when she is hungry, like a puppy dog and I take a tiny piece of Hikari sinking pellet and drop it near her and she goes right for it.

She did this every day when she was carrying her babies, now since she dropped the load and moves around all over the tank more, she just does it every 2-3 days. LOL soooo adorable!

I enjoy pwc, when I,ve got my hands in the tank my elephant nose chases & circles your hands backwards, then he let's you touch his tail & then he starts all over again lol makes pwc last longer than necessary! :)

I had an open top tank, (yeah I have a lid now), we had a bumble bee catfish. I have an aquaclear filter. I changed it from a marineland 150B. His name was waldo. after I switched filters I kept hearing the sound of a fish leaving the water/jumping out of the tank. I ran into the tank room, and nothing, not a water drop anywhere, no fish out of water. This continued for an entire week, they my guppies started to go missing? Then I happen to filp on the lights and just before I turn away from the tank. I see out the corner of my eye, waldo sliding down the output spout like a slip'nslide! and the sound! its the sound I was hearing! I didn't figure out what he was doing until I cleaned the filter. the little poop waldo was hiding in the filter and then attacking them, dragging them in the filter! Ugh! he was re-homed fast.

I had an open top tank, (yeah I have a lid now), we had a bumble bee catfish. I have an aquaclear filter. I changed it from a marineland 150B. His name was waldo. after I switched filters I kept hearing the sound of a fish leaving the water/jumping out of the tank. I ran into the tank room, and nothing, not a water drop anywhere, no fish out of water. This continued for an entire week, they my guppies started to go missing? Then I happen to filp on the lights and just before I turn away from the tank. I see out the corner of my eye, waldo sliding down the output spout like a slip'nslide! and the sound! its the sound I was hearing! I didn't figure out what he was doing until I cleaned the filter. the little poop waldo was hiding in the filter and then attacking them, dragging them in the filter! Ugh! he was re-homed fast.

That is incredible! lol

Oceangirl said:

That is crazy... He's like the catfish filter serial killer or something lol. That's crazy but interesting at the same time!

I figured out he was the one dragging them in the filter because they were whole in the filter housing, They weren't shredded by the filter. I caught him trying for a female platy then I had enough! he is terrorizing someone elses tank now.

Wow crazy ninja fish

My husband loved him, but he had to go! He was sad when I rehomed him. The darn cat But now he has a 20 tall with glofish and 1 molly. I just cleaned his tank today, shame on me being too tired to do it last saturday!

Back
Top Bottom