Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: I am a:
Dog Person 42 75.00%
Cat Person 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach101
Cats are good for people who have other things to do or have trouble takeing care of animals like elderly people
I disagree

Im 21 and have always favored cats. I also have a dog and I take care of them both. I just prefer cats =o)

Old 02-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
True.. I like kittys to cause their so independent.. and cute... and cuddly.... but my mums a dog person. Go figure... But my dog acts like a cat...smells like a rat... and makes loud screetching noises like a bat... Err...... NO I DO NOT WANT GREEN EGGS AND HAM SAM I AM... right..

Old 02-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #23
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Dogs are tops. They love you no matter who you are are what you look like in the morning. Cats are too snooty.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Dogs are tops. They love you no matter who you are are what you look like in the morning. Cats are too snooty.
I will fight for cats till the end!

My cat loooooooooooves me and my boyfriend- she isn't too found of strangers- its not snobby its precaution *nod*

I think (in some cases.. not all) if a person went out, picked out there very own kitten and raised it (and loved it like they did their dog), they would see why some people are cat people. Dogs are friendly to everyone (moslty), cats are friendly to those they know love them.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd have to say I'm both, although my job/lifestyle just isn't compatible with a pet that requires the care and attention that a dog or cat does.

Also, I am allergic to cats, but that doesn't always stop me from petting them. Cats seem to sense my allergies and go out of their way to rub against me and swish their tails in my face. Of course, it' my own darn fault for petting them in the first place.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
I am a Dog,cat,fish,bird, and all around Wildlife person. I think your fence just fell down.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a dog, cat, and of course fish. My cat is a beautiful pure white cat......that I would give away in a heart beat!! My daughter won't let me...he, he.

I am a dog person, but really could do without one. I could'nt do without my current dog that was given to my daughter when she was 3. She is now 6 and Lexy has grown so much on us. She is a Minature Schnauzer, really more like a toy.

I love my fish just the same. So yes you can live on both sides of the fence.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks like I need to run some constantine wire along the top of my fence.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Monarch
Looks like I need to run some constantine wire along the top of my fence.
Why?

There's no barbed-wire fence separating FW and SW folks, so why should there be one separating dog and cat people? Lots of people like both, and some like neither.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
I feel like cats are intellectually higher on the food chain than dogs. Cats take care of themselves in many ways, which is admirable. Dogs are too needy for my taste. It's not that they are hard to take care of, or require lots of work; they just need lots of attention. If I'm going to shower something with that kind of attention, it will be my kids.

Cats rule! - Mr. Tinkles, Cats & Dogs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com