Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: I am a:
Dog Person 42 75.00%
Cat Person 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #61
AA Team Emeritus
I didn't used to like cats, but then we had us a mouse problem, the dogs couldn't catch one to save their lives...this stray cat (gimp legged too) wandered into the yard one day, and I decided it was to pathetic to run off...so I just left it be. I'd see her at least once per day roaming the yard and within a few days the mouse problem was gone. I decided I liked cats (or at least that one) right then and there. I haven't seen her since the hurricanes though

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 02-15-2005, 12:32 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a few friends that have cats that I like. My next door neighbors cat used to come over all the time... My house was just a extension of his property I guess... That stopped when I got the Jack Russel... He loves cats, he thinks they are yummy...

I feel that cats are like skunks... They are great, as long as they are way over there.

Naw really.... I do like cats, I love how soft they are. and how gentle they can be. I love how they are so pickey about eating. Any cat I have ever met wont eat out of your hand, and they always take dainty bites... My dog.... ug.... scarfs a treat down with out even tasting it. But Im a dog person.... 100%

Old 02-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice FINatic
didnt mean to post the one twice... but ment to post this one too...
Old 02-15-2005, 04:48 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict
Love that last pic Melody. Nice looking dog
Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic
we have a big squeekey rat that we put on the ceiling fan... Drives him NUTS!!! Its so funny. When he pants like that he makes this funny sound like a hyena(sp?)
Old 02-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #66
I have had both (actually currently have both), and loved them all.

However, if I'm honest with myself I have to give dogs the edge. They bond with you better than cats.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:34 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I have had both and like both, but I have to give the edge to dogs also. I like the companionship they offer.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Its so weird when people say dogs are better companions- and I understand why it is said... but at the same time... when I lay down my cat finds me and curls up with me... when I do homework she climbs on my shoulder and sleeps, when i get ready in the morning she sits on the bathroom sink and watches me... she is the best companion ive ever had

I honestly think it has to do with peoples experiences with certain animals. I think dogs are easier to win over than cats... but once you win over a cat.. they can be just as loyal as dogs

Old 02-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict
Cats definitely make great companions, they are just more subtle that dogs.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Cats have very unique and highly diversified personalities. While dogs do have personalities, they are usually very similar to other dog's personalities.

I prefer the cat because every cat I have ever had was very different than any of the others.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com