Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy S.
Not really something I over heard but something that surprised me was [store]. They have $15 maxijet 400 pumps for $35.... -_-
Yea they're overpriced everywhere I look. LFS by me lists them at $30. Needed one for DIY reactor for co2 injection

Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlavassor86 View Post
I know my 6' 125 is very heavy. Empty is 200-250 lbs. Not to mention awkward.
I know what you mean We had to negotiate 4 steps going up and very narrow,then a 90 degree turn,down four steps,left turn and two steps into me shed not easy but thanks to me bruv and nephew we done it Where did you have to get yours to?
Here's a photo of me brother and Nephew The photo was taken at a local airshow on a typical English summer day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bruv and nick.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	135744  

Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Regular

Was at a lfs last night and a couple was looking at the various fish. They called an associate over and said they wanted three angels to take home. The store employee asked them what else was in the tank. They explained that it was an empty one gallon tank. The store employee explained that the fish would grow bigger than the tank. I thought to myself, great he's not going to send a fish home to die. Then in the next breath he talked them into a gourami, a pleco and two platys. He never told them about cycling or overstocking or anything. Oh well, guess that's how they get return customers.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Activist

At [store]
Customer says,
"these are pretty"
(male bettas)

Employee,
"they are good schooling fish."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
I know what you mean We had to negotiate 4 steps going up and very narrow,then a 90 degree turn,down four steps,left turn and two steps into me shed not easy but thanks to me bruv and nephew we done it Where did you have to get yours to?
Here's a photo of me brother and Nephew The photo was taken at a local airshow on a typical English summer day
Mine was just a straight shot to second floor but the stairs were really steep so it made carrying it a lot harder.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

This isn't something I over heard but Oh man it was gross. I was in (insert most popular pet chain here) and I was looking at the fish, just for fun. Then the power went out and all of the pumps shut off momentarily and then powered on again. When they came back on a disgusting black mixture of decayed food and feces shot out of every pump into every tank. It was so bad that you could not see into any of the tanks, at all. The water just turned completely black, full of all their waste. So that's when I decided to buy fish elsewhere.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Holy crap! Taking a picture with that thing would be like holding a rifle to shoot lol. Bet it takes some nice pics
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yesterday, I was at work (at a freaking pet store) and showig pictures of my red devil cichlid to my coworkers, and a newly hired employee (on the blond side for intelligence, if you know what I mean) said "oh that's a big goldfish!" *facepalm*
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL pretty funny, yet sad that she's working at a pet store (even if she's not in the fish section of the store). It's so disappointing when people who know next to nothing about fish sell them and give false advice (in general).

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #120
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Somebody wanted to get a "nemo fish" and just buy a goldfish bowl for it... Didnt know the difference between salt and freshwater...

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com