Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard some pretty funny things at my local [store].

So a couple was going to by a one gallon tank for their daughters.

Me (just out of curiosity)- WHat are you planning on keeping? Some shrimp?

Lady- no we're getting some goldfish

Me- you can't keep goldfish in a one gallon! *gives a five minute lecture on all the reasons why you can't have a goldfish in that small of a tank*

Lady- but the fish will live for a week or two, right?

Me- yeah, only a week

Lady- that's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bettafanatic said:
I've heard some pretty funny things at my local [store].

So a couple was going to by a one gallon tank for their daughters.

Me (just out of curiosity)- WHat are you planning on keeping? Some shrimp?

Lady- no we're getting some goldfish

Me- you can't keep goldfish in a one gallon! *gives a five minute lecture on all the reasons why you can't have a goldfish in that small of a tank*

Lady- but the fish will live for a week or two, right?

Me- yeah, only a week

Lady- that's good enough for me.

That's so wrong in so many ways. I really wish people would think about the well being if the fish not their own entertainment. Bothers me as much as people throwing fish into rivers and lakes because they didn't bother to think long term enough to house them as mature adults.

Rlavassor86 said:
Heard a lady asking an employee at the LFS why her bettas keep dying. Me being curious and always trying to add my two cents, continued listening. Come to find out she has been feeding them her table scraps!?!?!? I was completely befuddled by this. Good thing about this store is that everybody there is extremely knowledgable and don't care about hurting someone's feelings if they are needlessly killing fish and plants because of incompetence and unwillingness to do a little reading before just blindly buying an aquarium and fish.

Feeding table scraps, like bacon?

I was at a petsmart and some lady was looking at the fish and i went over to get some food and i hear "Oh lordy jesus! Look at dem bug eyed freaky deaky things!" Those fish were sengal bichirs

Tetra1990 said:
Feeding table scraps, like bacon?

From what it sounded like, yeah. She said she would break off pieces of her food and feed it to her fish. So I'm thinking like ground beef and things like that.

I used to work in the fish section of a pet store. Real phone conversation.

Customer-- how do you teach a piranha not to bite?

Me-- they have to bite to eat.

C-- well my friend taught hers not to bite.

Me-- well why don't you ask your friend then?

C-- I'm never coming in your store again. (Hang up)

SRC <><

Not fish related but same job. Two customer questions I will never forget.

1. How do I house train a chicken?

2. I found a moth in the woods. What do I feed it?

SRC

I was the manager of a cell phone store and had a customer threaten to sue me because her phone was dropped in her fish tank and it killed all her fish and broke her phone. Why did she want to sue me? Because i never told her that blackberries aren't water proof.

Kellie said:
I was the manager of a cell phone store and had a customer threaten to sue me because her phone was dropped in her fish tank and it killed all her fish and broke her phone. Why did she want to sue me? Because i never told her that blackberries aren't water proof.

Hahaha. Love this thread!

Lt.'s quote of the day: Yes, there are dumb questions, in fact some questions are just flat out STUPID!

If you've ever been to a Carr's or Safeway store, and see the teenagers at the end of the check stand bagging your groceries, that's what I do.

Yesterday, customer "where are the glue sticks" me "with the office supplies" customer"where are those" me " in the isle labeled OFFICE SUPPLIES (in big bold letters, but I didn't say that) customer "oh, I never thought to look there ! Bye".

I just dont like [store] their brainwashed into the inch per gallon. Like when i knew NOTHING about fish they sold me a big beautiful african knife, 5 tiger barbs, and 2 columbian sharks :| never said any problems putting them in a 30 gallon

Inch per gallon is a good rule of thumb but it's no the say all end all! My LFS is the same way.
But at the lfs, they told me I'd be cycled in three days, or when ever the water cleared up! And I could put 6 tiger barbs in my 20 tall just fine, and that a Chinese algae eater could go in a the same 20 tall. But best of all "yep, that common pleco there will be way to big for your tank in a few months, so when that happens come give us back that one and buy another small one, and again after and after they and...."

San Raphael Catfish said:
I used to work in the fish section of a pet store. Real phone conversation.

Customer-- how do you teach a piranha not to bite?

Me-- they have to bite to eat.

C-- well my friend taught hers not to bite.

Me-- well why don't you ask your friend then?

C-- I'm never coming in your store again. (Hang up)

SRC <><

Omg I'm dying of laughter!

I love the whole lie of the fish will grow to fit the tank crap [fish store] tried to pull on me. I laughed and said I don't think the oscar will go great in my 10 gal with guppies

[A fish store] told me their green puffer would do fine with my bumblebee gobies. Didn't tell me anything else.

clearancepuppy said:
When in the history of mankind has there ever been leftover bacon? :D

You make a very valid point. But one must share the deliciousness that is bacon. Fish are no exception and can be offered a taste.

Tetra1990 said:
You make a very valid point. But one must share the deliciousness that is bacon. Fish are no exception and can be offered a taste.

The bacon was so good he died!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom