Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #271
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33

My lfs does this! Love it! They have plecos, giant danios, silver dollars, and cichlids all at least almost full grown. I think it's great for customers to see what that fish that they're putting in their 10 g will turn into.
I still love the idea that someone suggested earlier on this thread I think where next to the display tank they have a cutout of the full grown size of the fish.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #272
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. View Post
I lovingly refer to him as Kujo
Hahaha! That's funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post

I still love the idea that someone suggested earlier on this thread I think where next to the display tank they have a cutout of the full grown size of the fish.
I definitely agree!! That eliminates people saying, "well, the fish store has them in a tank that small" when the they don't understand the filtration.

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #273
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didnt here anything funny today at my lps (petco) wasnt there for fish but did go in that section and glad to see healthy fish no dead ones and accurate sizes they had common plecos marked at a max size of 24" plus other larger fish some which were close to full size marked properly too
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #274
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I love it when people bring in large plecos that they cannot house anymore. Instead of people looking at me like im lying I can just point to it and say "this is what that will become"
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #275
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsblood
I love it when people bring in large plecos that they cannot house anymore. Instead of people looking at me like im lying I can just point to it and say "this is what that will become"
That would be awesome :sigh:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice Regular

i was at a tropical pet store in milwaukee earlier today and i saw this guy looking at oscars, he turned around and asked hey do you know about these fish? I said i dont work here but yeah, what do you want to know he said can i put these in my community tank? I told him no and he said i want to see my fish get killed. i asked him why and he said when they all die he wanted to buy a snake. i just told him bring them to a fish store and they will take them and walked away. its really sad
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #277
RAH
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornblaser1 View Post
i was at a tropical pet store in milwaukee earlier today and i saw this guy looking at oscars, he turned around and asked hey do you know about these fish? I said i dont work here but yeah, what do you want to know he said can i put these in my community tank? I told him no and he said i want to see my fish get killed. i asked him why and he said when they all die he wanted to buy a snake. i just told him bring them to a fish store and they will take them and walked away. its really sad
Wow that is terrible
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #278
Aquarium Advice Freak

It sure is! It's one thing when people just flat out don't know any better. I can't knock those people because they haven't been educated as far as the hobby goes. But when a person blatantly does something as shameful as this, it just pisses me off to no end!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornblaser1
Hey I'm in Milwaukee too. What store were you at?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornblaser1 View Post
That is just sad. It bothers me he actually said 'I want to see my fish get killed'... That's just not right...

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com