Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once, at [store]. A person bought a 3 gallon Glofish Aquarium. To go with it she had 2 Glofish danios, 2 Glofish tetras, 1 common pleco, and a goldfish......

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously I don't even know why those places sell plecos. I guarantee only like 1% of the people who buy them can properly house them. Same with Oscars.

The thing I hate the most is they have the commons in 3 different tanks with them saying either Small medium or large. I asked what the best algea eater is for a 37 gallon and he said a medium sized pleco. I thought he ment a bristle nose but he pointed me to the common tank. I want to he a job at [store] or [store] and just inform peope

I guess fish technically grow to the size of their tank because once they do get bigger they just die.... I had someone tell me it was ridiculous that a goldfish needed a tank because they had one that lived for a year in a bowl. I said well yea their life span is actually over ten times that...

I know now that its wrong. When I was a kid, we did have a goldfish that was In a bowl, it lived around 8-9 years. The bowl was I think like 4-5 gallons and we changed the water 100% every week.

Stopped at [store] just to browse their live plants but much to my dismay they were all either dead or non aquatic plants so when the attendant came and asked if I needed any plants I couldn't help but laugh a little.

You guys must have some crappy [stores] in your areas. There are four in my area and all of their tanks are pristine.

Wolfsblood said:
You guys must have some crappy [stores] in your areas. There are four in my area and all of their tanks are pristine.

Not around me. That's why I drive 20 miles to one of the few LFS that are actually really good.

There are two small pet stores about 20 minutes away and their tanks are nasty and hardly have any selection and usually has dead fish in the tanks. We have a [store] an hour away that 5 days a week has nice tanks, big selection, no floaters. The 2 days a week the aquatics person isn't there you may find a dead fish or two and the help doesn't know anything.

This thread is closed. You have already been asked not to mention stores by name in this manner. Store bashing is against the community rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom