Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner
Walmart told me their green puffer would do fine with my bumblebee gobies. Didn't tell me anything else.
I stopped believing anything [store] has to say about fish keeping after they sold me (my fault I realize for not researching the fish) a couple of Senegal bichirs. One of them ate the other.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearancepuppy

I stopped believing anything [store] has to say about fish keeping after they sold me (my fault I realize for not researching the fish) a couple of Senegal bichirs. One of them ate the other.
I had no clue [store] sold aquarium supplies and fish. Sounds kinda stupid to me. The idiots there couldn't tell me about a vacuum they sell let alone be knowledgeable in regards to keeping aquariums. The LFS by me told me yesterday they are closing next month because they won't be able to compete with [store] that's opening a new store 2 blocks away. Pretty sad that people who actually have a passion for the hobby are getting pushed out by companies that don't know the difference between a goldfish and a cichlid.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #43

That's so unfortunate! I had a pet store I loved too. If was a fish-only store, actually, and I got some really nice fellas from there. They had a great selection of saltwater fish. Then one day I go there to get a clown goby and find that they're closed.

It's okay though because I've found a new really great pet store and am going to check out another one when I can.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Activist

LFS attendant bagging my plants: "I don't buy anything here. I drive four hours to a place in Quebec."

LFS attendant bagging some platies for me: "These are beautiful mollies!"
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafanatic
That's so unfortunate! I had a pet store I loved too. If was a fish-only store, actually, and I got some really nice fellas from there. They had a great selection of saltwater fish. Then one day I go there to get a clown goby and find that they're closed.

It's okay though because I've found a new really great pet store and am going to check out another one when I can.
Yea The one I like best is fish only but they are a lot farther away so it was just easier to go to the one closing. I have a [store] by me but they're all ignorant there to so I avoid that place as much as possible.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlavassor86 View Post
The LFS by me told me yesterday they are closing next month because they won't be able to compete with [store] that's opening a new store 2 blocks away. Pretty sad that people who actually have a passion for the hobby are getting pushed out by companies that don't know the difference between a goldfish and a cichlid.
The guy at my LFS said something similar. He's having real trouble competing with the big box stores. I promised myself I would try and buy as much as possible from him. They are so knowledgeable and I feel like that knowledge and help is worth the extra $$$.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by callisto9

The guy at my LFS said something similar. He's having real trouble competing with the big box stores. I promised myself I would try and buy as much as possible from him. They are so knowledgeable and I feel like that knowledge and help is worth the extra $$$.
Exactly. I always am willing to pay more for the knowledge and healthier fish. And they give 3 week dead/sick refunds as long as water is good.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #48
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My LFS is full of idiots, but there he only place t buy fish for 50 miles in one direction, and about 400-500 miles in the other. And they only give a 3 day, sick fish, dead fish, policy.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.
My LFS is full of idiots, but there he only place t buy fish for 50 miles in one direction, and about 400-500 miles in the other. And they only give a 3 day, sick fish, dead fish, policy.
Well thats a better policy then any stores around me give. If it dies within 3 days its the buyers fault. I think 3 days is a longg time considering most stores around me dont care about it as soon as it leaves their store...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Raphael Catfish
I used to work in the fish section of a pet store. Real phone conversation.

Customer-- how do you teach a piranha not to bite?

Me-- they have to bite to eat.

C-- well my friend taught hers not to bite.

Me-- well why don't you ask your friend then?

C-- I'm never coming in your store again. (Hang up)

SRC <><
LMAO!!!!!

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com