Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not to my LFS, but to a buddy who think she knows everything there is to know about aqaurium fish because she bought a book about them.

Me: I'm looking for a suitable tank mate for when I get my puffers...maybe I won't have any tankmates.
Friend: (whips out book)- The Chocolate Doradid would be a perfect tank mate.
Me: (looking at the picture): Yes, because you know having an eight inch fish in a 20gal with a fish that it could devour whole, that seems like a great idea.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

There was a dead fantail goldfish in a tank and some little kid was freaking out saying ITS DEAD MOMMY ITS DEAD! then the employee came over and was just like its fine hes just having a bad day haha and the kid was satisfied and left. Soon as he left he grabbed the dead fish and ran to the basement .

Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koikeeper99
There was a dead fantail goldfish in a tank and some little kid was freaking out saying ITS DEAD MOMMY ITS DEAD! then the employee came over and was just like its fine hes just having a bad day haha and the kid was satisfied and left. Soon as he left he grabbed the dead fish and ran to the basement .
Lol. When i was 5 i got a "carnival goldfish" eventually through books, trial and error, and a great lfs (how did we survive with no internet!?!) my dad had hundreds of gallons of fish tanks but to start that fish was in a small tank. We went on vacation and the neighbor took care of the pets. The goldfish died and the neighbor replaced it. When we came home my parents told me, "your fish got really sick and lost a lot of weight, but she feels better now." That replacement goldfish lived until i was in my teens, and then 25 years after, i finally told my mom i knew the truth about what happened to the original, lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie

Lol. When i was 5 i got a "carnival goldfish" eventually through books, trial and error, and a great lfs (how did we survive with no internet!?!) my dad had hundreds of gallons of fish tanks but to start that fish was in a small tank. We went on vacation and the neighbor took care of the pets. The goldfish died and the neighbor replaced it. When we came home my parents told me, "your fish got really sick and lost a lot of weight, but she feels better now." That replacement goldfish lived until i was in my teens, and then 25 years after, i finally told my mom i knew the truth about what happened to the original, lol.
Haha how big did it get just curious? But 25 years later!? Youd think theyd forget haha
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koikeeper99

Haha how big did it get just curious? But 25 years later!? Youd think theyd forget haha
It was over a foot long, if memory serves. We also had a channel cat in the giant tank (i can't remember how many gallons) which eventually we rehomed, that sucker was so big the only way to transfer it was in a rolling cooler and there wasn't enough room for it to turn in the cooler, the gold fish was not as long as the cat fish who had to be a few feet long.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie

It was over a foot long, if memory serves. We also had a channel cat in the giant tank (i can't remember how many gallons) which eventually we rehomed, that sucker was so big the only way to transfer it was in a rolling cooler and there wasn't enough room for it to turn in the cooler, the gold fish was not as long as the cat fish who had to be a few feet long.
Nice! .
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Me: how much for your 29 gallon kit? (mind you it wasn't anything fancy. Came with 18w fluorescent hood, a low end filter rated for 30 gallons, a heater and the tank.)
LFS lady: $200 and that's the best deal you'll ever find on one of these, I couldn't even get my money back if I sold it to you for that.
Next day I go to Petsmart and find a 29g kit with better equipment for $115. Lol

Me: I was thinking about starting a 5g pico reef...
LFS lady: (cuts me off) OMG I get so tired of telling people that it is absolutely impossible to keep saltwater tanks under 30 gallons!
Me: uh pretty sure I've seen millions of pictures of tanks like these on the Internet.
Her: they're all fake.
Me: *leaves store, never to return*

Pure ignorance.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBuddyHuddie View Post
Me: how much for your 29 gallon kit? (mind you it wasn't anything fancy. Came with 18w fluorescent hood, a low end filter rated for 30 gallons, a heater and the tank.)
LFS lady: $200 and that's the best deal you'll ever find on one of these, I couldn't even get my money back if I sold it to you for that.
Next day I go to Petsmart and find a 29g kit with better equipment for $115. Lol

Me: I was thinking about starting a 5g pico reef...
LFS lady: (cuts me off) OMG I get so tired of telling people that it is absolutely impossible to keep saltwater tanks under 30 gallons!
Me: uh pretty sure I've seen millions of pictures of tanks like these on the Internet.
Her: they're all fake.
Me: *leaves store, never to return*

Pure ignorance.

The only thing worse than people not knowing anything is people thinking they know everything but have all false information and refuse to accept that they're wrong. I cannot stand people like that. They make me want to punch a wall out of frustration.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not a funny thing at a store, but I'm currently listening to my mom cleaning her ADF tank, having a running dialogue with them. "ooh scawy scawy scawy, I'm sorry. You're such good little fwoggies, yep yep yep. So good so good. Do you want some yumyums after? You be so good ittle fwoggies! Why wont you sing for me (she's heard my big ACFs "singing") I love you! Okay, waters coming! Whooooosssshhhhh! So scary, such brave little fwoggies. There you go, yep yep yep"

I could listen for days lol
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahahahahha im dyin

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com