Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koikeeper99 said:
Somebody wanted to get a "nemo fish" and just buy a goldfish bowl for it... Didnt know the difference between salt and freshwater...

I have seen that many times.

This woman told the worker at my lfs that she won't go back to [store] because her 10 or so fish died and they didn't honor their return policy. Well worker said how did they die? Woman said they said there was no salt in the aquarium. Lfs worker said what kind of fish did she have? The woman said tangs, clowns, and shrimp. I ask (putting my 2¢) what kind of salt brand did you use? Woman response Great Value...... May I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:
RAH said:
I have seen that many times.

This woman told the worker at my lfs that she won't go back to [store] because her 10 or so fish died and they didn't honor their return policy. Well worker said how did they die? Woman said they said there was no salt in the aquarium. Lfs worker said what kind of fish did she have? The woman said tangs, clowns, and shrimp. I ask (putting my 2¢) what kind of salt brand did you use? Woman response Great Value...... May I say more?

Sad thing is that someone working at [store] probably told her that would work.

I Wes buying fish not 45 minutes ago, and I asked about LIVE fish food, not just freeze dried, or canned, or flaked or pellet food, live food like blood worms or somethin, and I get a puzzled, disgusted look from both my dad, and every one who worked there.

At [store]
Man: I need to get live goldfish to feed my Oscar
Wife: here's some glofis
Man: they must be the same I think I'll get 5.

At [store]

Man: I need to get live goldfish to feed my Oscar
Wife: here's some glofis
Man: they must be the same I think I'll get 5.

Well, if its small enough, I see no reason not to feed the Oscar it

I have some aquariums for sale on Craigslist. Someone called me and asked if I had a tank they "could keep a nemo fish in." I told her I did and I started explaining about cycling, lights, live rock and sand, etc. Not sure she knew what i was talking about. hope she does some reading!

bettaowner said:
Yes but feeding live fish is unhealthy and glofish are expensive/ beautiful.

I dont understand how feeding live fish is unhealthy if its done in the wild...

You could just feed neons, there roughly 2 bucks a pop, so relatively cheap, as long as just for treats

I overheard some girl at school saying she wants a "fishie". Her friend suggests 2 bettas in a bowl becaause its fun to watch them fight :/

I overheard some girl at school saying she wants a "fishie". Her friend suggests 2 bettas in a bowl becaause its fun to watch them fight :/

That is nothing more than dog fighting to me. I understand they fight in the wild but in the wild they can try to escape

Alot of feeders are over bred and more prone to disease. IMO Feeding glofish or tetras altho more costly would limit chance of disease.

when i had my eel i would buy about 20 or so feeder goldfish put them in a separate tank fatten them up on good feed for about 2 weeks make sure they were healthy too and then they would get fed to my eel, never once had a problem doing it this way and my eel was a very happy camper :D

my funny fish story involves my son and an eel at the LFS
my son was watching an eel tank at the LFS and the owner had just put a bunch of live feeders in the tank and one eel swam up and snatched up the fish in one fall swoop, my son said wow mommy he's a really good magician, i then said huh?
he said "he made that fish disappear really fast" lol
he then ask if there was a magic word to make the fish reappear :lol:

Posted this awhile ago but its worth repeating! Long story, short my fish-senseless husband asked the girl at [store] why he couldnt add some mollies/platies to one of 'our' goldie tanks. Mind you, I have explained why you cant do this do this to him over 100x before but he chooses to only 'selectively' hear what I have to say. Anyway, the girl proceeded to explain that "goldfish have special, secret killer bacteria on them and if you add any other fish to the tank, it will die immediately"..... I had to walk quickly away from this conversation! lol

I had been to many [store]. You can tell when a [store] has a knowledgeable fish person taking care of the fish and when they don't. I had gone to one last night in Crawfordsville Indiana and what I saw has no excuse.

Tons of Bala Sharks in a really small tank, with many dead on the bottom and many sick swimming around. They were all to one side trying to swim into the other tank, it was a very sad sight. The torturer didn't stop there, they had Dwarf Gourami swimming in a small tank as well, and they ALL looked sick. There was at least five dead Gourami's in the tank that had been decaying for a long time without being cleaned out. Each tank was bare with nothing for the fish, no rock nothing. I couldn't count how many dead fish was in the tank. I don't even want to talk about the glow fish, neon tetras and the gold fish they had in tanks. At least there was no dead gold fish, but they are use to living in crap. :-(

It was very sad and I wanted to say something, but who cares about fish!! That is what gets me, people just don't care about fish.

I don't think of fish as in terms of Dogs or Cats or Birds that need your care, and I am not very sad if one dies on me. I am however, a believer in trying to give the best care possible to an animal that is kept for entertainment or pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom