Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: I'm looking for nerites.

LFS Guy: We have some snails, but if you really want algae control we have some of those sucker fish.

Me: Oy. Plecos.

Guy: Yeah.

Me: Yeah, I only have a 55 gallon and they get way too big.

Guy: They do get pretty big. I have a 55 gallon tank at home with a pleco that's half as long as the tank. He's in with four oscars. We're having a dollar per gallon sale if you want a 55 so you can get one.

Me: I'm looking for nerites.

LFS Guy: We have some snails, but if you really want algae control we have some of those sucker fish.

Me: Oy. Plecos.

Guy: Yeah.

Me: Yeah, I only have a 55 gallon and they get way too big.

Guy: They do get pretty big. I have a 55 gallon tank at home with a pleco that's half as long as the tank. He's in with four oscars. We're having a dollar per gallon sale if you want a 55 so you can get one.

Whoa. I just did a shudder and a half! 4
Oscars and a pleco?!?! Oh my!

I went into a store not too long ago and asked if they could get assassin snails. The guy literally laughed and said "What the hell......sounds like a video game". I just turned around and walked out.

I was in LFS today. I was waiting around killing time because their fish shipment was arriving soon. While we were waiting a mom and her sons walk in, I hear them say as they walk in the door among a lot of other things what they wanted and hoped to find. They looked around, found a 29g kit and said ok I want that one, then went straight to look at fish. The mom and sons spread out, I look over and see the mom staring in a tank of common pleco's.
Mom: we need a sucker fish, a pleco I think it's called, where are they?
Son: right there mom.
Mom: oh ok, good.
They all look at other fish, I see one of
The sons looking in the cichlid tank, the tank that has all the aggressive cichlids in it...
Son: mom look at these (referring to the cichlids) these would be so cool to have with some
Of those tetras and your pleco.
Mom: oh yeah they would! Mom then sees
A 10g kit, and says I want this size instead of that bigger one, then she calls the lady working in.
Mom: do you have Any of the 29g set up in here
So I can see how big it is?
Sales lady: sure we do, these here are 29's.
Mom: how big are the 10's?
Sales lady: these are a 10g.
Mom: ok don't want the 29 it's to big, I want the 10g kit, so what fish can we have?
Sales lady: ooh you don't have your tank set up yet?
Mom: No, we were wanting to buy the tank and fish and go home, set it up and put fish in.
Sales lady: you could do that; but all your fish would be dead in a week.
Mom: I was afraid of that.. Ok. We're gonna go to
Walmart and think about it.

I went into a store not too long ago and asked if they could get assassin snails. The guy literally laughed and said "What the hell......sounds like a video game". I just turned around and walked out.

That's real professional to say What the hell to a
Customer... Haha.

I was in LFS today. I was waiting around killing time because their fish shipment was arriving soon. While we were waiting a mom and her sons walk in, I hear them say as they walk in the door among a lot of other things what they wanted and hoped to find. They looked around, found a 29g kit and said ok I want that one, then went straight to look at fish. The mom and sons spread out, I look over and see the mom staring in a tank of common pleco's.
Mom: we need a sucker fish, a pleco I think it's called, where are they?
Son: right there mom.
Mom: oh ok, good.
They all look at other fish, I see one of
The sons looking in the cichlid tank, the tank that has all the aggressive cichlids in it...
Son: mom look at these (referring to the cichlids) these would be so cool to have with some
Of those tetras and your pleco.
Mom: oh yeah they would! Mom then sees
A 10g kit, and says I want this size instead of that bigger one, then she calls the lady working in.
Mom: do you have Any of the 29g set up in here
So I can see how big it is?
Sales lady: sure we do, these here are 29's.
Mom: how big are the 10's?
Sales lady: these are a 10g.
Mom: ok don't want the 29 it's to big, I want the 10g kit, so what fish can we have?
Sales lady: ooh you don't have your tank set up yet?
Mom: No, we were wanting to buy the tank and fish and go home, set it up and put fish in.
Sales lady: you could do that; but all your fish would be dead in a week.
Mom: I was afraid of that.. Ok. We're gonna go to
Walmart and think about it.

At least the sales lady was being honest I guess.

Yesterday I went to my lfs to purchase my Bolivian Rams. After they were bagged up, I was walking around for a second when I over heard an elder couple asked a worker about purchasing a black molly and a gold fish. I could not believe what came next....worker says, "Wellllll you can if you stay up on your water changes..." :eek::eek:needless to say it was also a newly setup tank too.....I really wanted to pull them to the side and tell them to check this website first before they do anything but I had to turn the other cheek and walk away:(:(:(

In a world over run by mutant zombie pond snails... There can be only one savior of the tank... Using all his his strength and cunning... He alone will vanquish the enemy... He is THE ASSASSIN SNAIL!

In a world over run by mutant zombie pond snails... There can be only one savior of the tank... Using all his his strength and cunning... He alone will vanquish the enemy... He is THE ASSASSIN SNAIL!

I almost peed my pants that so funny!!

Hehe......instructions:
Left stick - move around
Right stick - look around
Right trigger - move forward
Left trigger - reverse
X - sting
B - consume
A - turbo
Y - interact with tank mates

Hehe......instructions:
Left stick - move around
Right stick - look around
Right trigger - move forward
Left trigger - reverse
X - sting
B - consume
A - turbo
Y - interact with tank mates

I would play that game! :cool: :lol:

I'd say the site should sell the rights for that game but whoever bought it would screw it up and put clown fish and neon tetras in the same tank lol

Lol! No doubt. Do some research, people! Ha.

I better get royalties on that! It was my experience, after all.....I wish you could have seen the dumb look on the guy's face during that conversation. It was priceless.

Lady- i want a small, easy to care for tank

LFS lady- here, if you get this (2.5 gallon bowl, guess where this is heading) you can have a betta fish, and some little frogs (ADFs) in it, no problem.

Lady- well, what should I feed it? And what else should I do?

LFS lady- well, you get this betta food, some of that, this, and this. They should both be great. As for other care, well, you can buy the frogs now, but wait on the betta. Now, what I do is put this betta sand in, then a bamboo plant, and some betta rocks, and that, and this & this, add a bit of that to the the first water you get, and every time after that. And change half the water every 2 weeks. And your good.

Lady- ok, thanx I'll do that *walks out of store with 125$ worth of unneeded junk, and doomed frogs, with plans of unknowingly dooming a betta in the near future*

It's really sad what those employees tell the customers. I almost feel like jumping in and helping out, but I'm not in the business of embarrassing people.

When I was a complete Newb, and didn't know a thing about fish keeping, I am an uncyled 2 gallon tank. We went into the lfs (that we refuse to go to now) and told them I had a brand new 2 gallon tank and I wanted neon tetras and guppies. I said I would like three tetras and 2 guppies. So with out heasitation, the guy gave me the five fish without saying a word about tank requirments, cyling, over stocking, etc. Needless to say they all died.

The tank is now occupied by some shrimp. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom