Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady- i want a small, easy to care for tank

LFS lady- here, if you get this (2.5 gallon bowl, guess where this is heading) you can have a betta fish, and some little frogs (ADFs) in it, no problem.

Lady- well, what should I feed it? And what else should I do?

LFS lady- well, you get this betta food, some of that, this, and this. They should both be great. As for other care, well, you can buy the frogs now, but wait on the betta. Now, what I do is put this betta sand in, then a bamboo plant, and some betta rocks, and that, and this & this, add a bit of that to the the first water you get, and every time after that. And change half the water every 2 weeks. And your good.

Lady- ok, thanx I'll do that *walks out of store with 125$ worth of unneeded junk, and doomed frogs, with plans of unknowingly dooming a betta in the near future*

Poor poor frogs and future betta :(

Today, this young teenage female was assisting me on getting me some fish. I told I wanted this pleco (the only pleco in the tank). I moved on down the row to tell her what else I wanted. Well by the time I looked back at her; she is in the middle of bagging one little Molly. I said mam... That's not a pleco. She said "I don't know what that is".

Today, this young teenage female was assisting me on getting me some fish. I told I wanted this pleco (the only pleco in the tank). I moved on down the row to tell her what else I wanted. Well by the time I looked back at her; she is in the middle of bagging one little Molly. I said mam... That's not a pleco. She said "I don't know what that is".

Yikes. That's embarrassing.

I went to the pet store to get some more tetra and they have a huge tank with a bunch of cichlids and a massive Pacu.. I like to check out the pacu whenever we go and he was gone! And the huge tank was filled with minnows and common / comet goldfish. So I asked the chick working what happened to him & the others and she said that when someone was cleaning the tank and bleached the rocks they didn't rinse the rocks properly and put them back in the tank. ALL the fish in that tank died except for the Pacu.. He got sent to the other store location. She said they wanted him back after that mishap! Yeesh!!

Bleached the rocks! Anyone heard of that one before?? That sounds absolutely crazy to me!

I went to the pet store to get some more tetra and they have a huge tank with a bunch of cichlids and a massive Pacu.. I like to check out the pacu whenever we go and he was gone! And the huge tank was filled with minnows and common / comet goldfish. So I asked the chick working what happened to him & the others and she said that when someone was cleaning the tank and bleached the rocks they didn't rinse the rocks properly and put them back in the tank. ALL the fish in that tank died except for the Pacu.. He got sent to the other store location. She said they wanted him back after that mishap! Yeesh!!

Bleached the rocks! Anyone heard of that one before?? That sounds absolutely crazy to me!

Umm.. Wow. The only time I EVER used bleach for a tank was when I got my 55, it was absolutely nasty, it had been sitting in a shed for 6+ months, and cleaned it up. I rinsed it out and it stayed outside for days until I even brought it back inside my house. That must have been one tough Pacu!

Umm.. Wow. The only time I EVER used bleach for a tank was when I got my 55, it was absolutely nasty, it had been sitting in a shed for 6+ months, and cleaned it up. I rinsed it out and it stayed outside for days until I even brought it back inside my house. That must have been one tough Pacu!

Not wanting to sound like a crazy lfs customer but when ever i see the pacus at the store i always growl at them and tell them to show me their teethers but only when no one is looking lol

Yup, bleach is ok.....when diluted properly. It's used to regenerate Purigen as well. It has to be straight bleach, not the scented ones. And you definitely have to rinse the heck out of everything before putting back in the tank.

Regardless, what was done in that situation is just flat out bad. If you are not 100% sure of what you are doing, then you shouldn't do it. Poor fish.

this is a story I posted on another thread that I have going just thought I would share it. I didn't hear this at a pet store it is a story my dad and grandad told me. When my dad was little my grandmother had a very large aquarium with all sorts of pretty fish and live plants she spend hours every day caring for them. My family is from middle Tennessee. Overalls, bare feet, outhouse. Do you hear the banjos yet?. I'm exaggerating a little.my grandad was educated and retired out of the navy as a meteorologist had a good job but he was still country. He loved to fish. One day while at the creek he found a small bass about 5 or 6 inches long do he caught it with a net and took it home with him. He tossed it in my grandmothers aquarium and didn't tell her. She woke up the next day to find only one fat little fish in her aquarium.

this is a story I posted on another thread that I have going just thought I would share it. I didn't hear this at a pet store it is a story my dad and grandad told me. When my dad was little my grandmother had a very large aquarium with all sorts of pretty fish and live plants she spend hours every day caring for them. My family is from middle Tennessee. Overalls, bare feet, outhouse. Do you hear the banjos yet?. I'm exaggerating a little.my grandad was educated and retired out of the navy as a meteorologist had a good job but he was still country. He loved to fish. One day while at the creek he found a small bass about 5 or 6 inches long do he caught it with a net and took it home with him. He tossed it in my grandmothers aquarium and didn't tell her. She woke up the next day to find only one fat little fish in her aquarium.

Nice, I like it.

So, does that mean I can't take a minnow from the local pond and add it to my tank?!? lol

While visiting my LFS I heard this convo;

Female: Wow it's busy in here today, everyone got a tank for Christmas.

Male: Looks that way.

Female: Well having fish is easier than having a cat or a dog.

(I've started laughing now)

Male: You can tell you don't do anything with the fish.

While visiting my LFS I heard this convo;

Female: Wow it's busy in here today, everyone got a tank for Christmas.

Male: Looks that way.

Female: Well having fish is easier than having a cat or a dog.

(I've started laughing now)

Male: You can tell you don't do anything with the fish.

Ha! It isn't necessary to take care of the air a dog breathes. A fish depends on it's owner for literally everything!

Ha! It isn't necessary to take care of the air a dog breathes. A fish depends on it's owner for literally everything!

But at least the fish don't try to steal my blanket and pillows lol and the fish don't get stinky when wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom