Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

Just for giggles cuz I'm bored at work, I want to hear the funniest thing you've ever over heard while shopping at the LFS.

My boyfriend and I went on a "date" to the LFS, its a huge wharehouse style one, they sell freshwater, saltwater, plants, corals, the whole nine yards. We were just slowly walking the aisles and looking at everything. A grown adult woman pulled over an employee, pointed at a clownfish and said, "Excuse me, but do you make these in freshwater?" I had to leave the aisle so she didn't hear me laughing.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
I've heard a few things:

"It's crazy, my oscar and pleco are so big, those are the ONLY two fish I can have in my 5 gallon!"

"Oh, and watch out, if you pull those filters out of the water while they are still on the radiation will kill your fish."

"For a 5 gallon, a nice stock would be 1 zebra danio, 1 platy, 1 white skirt tetra, 1 tiger barb, and 1 bala shark."

"Are you putting koi in that 10 gallon of yours?"

"Tinfoil Barb - minimum tank size: 55 gallons"

"My live plants leached fishy poison in to my tank water!"

Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I want a plegasaurus in my tank.

You mean a Plecostomus?

Yeah, a plegasaurus.
55 Gallon, DIY Live Rock, 2 Taotronics 130w LEDs, CPR HOB skimmer and refugium, 525 GPH SunSun 5-stage Canister with UV Sterilizer using Chemi-pure Elite, and Two Fishes GFO reactor and 3 800 GPH powerheads. <><
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

posted this once before but it still makes me giggle:

Young Son: Dad can we go look at fishies??

Dad: Sure. The oscar needs more food anyway.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
Just for giggles cuz I'm bored at work, I want to hear the funniest thing you've ever over heard while shopping at the LFS.

My boyfriend and I went on a "date" to the LFS, its a huge wharehouse style one, they sell freshwater, saltwater, plants, corals, the whole nine yards. We were just slowly walking the aisles and looking at everything. A grown adult woman pulled over an employee, pointed at a clownfish and said, "Excuse me, but do you make these in freshwater?" I had to leave the aisle so she didn't hear me laughing.
What store was this??? I'm from the Cleveland area, and head up to visit family a couple times a year...... Gotta find it!!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not exactly a fish store but frigging [store].

A man was asking about starting an aquarium and had their 2.5 gallon kit picked out. The employees recommend stock was 2 oscars and 2 platies. On top of this when the man asked for advice on water changes the employee told him to "just fill it with tap water"

Awful fish keeping and advice [store] does...
Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranque

What store was this??? I'm from the Cleveland area, and head up to visit family a couple times a year...... Gotta find it!!
Rms aquaculture in middleburg heights. It's very no nonsense the way it's set up but the shear size and health of stock is impressive. they have a lot more variety then anywhere else. Their Maine section is not anywhere near what you get in a marine only store, if you're strictly a salty you won't be impressed, but their fresh and brackish selection is pretty amazing. Unfortunately their Web site leaves much to be desired but if you sign up for their emails they have amazing sales (when we went last time it's because the large pump bottle of stress coat was on special for less then five bucks).
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Found it..... Sheldon & Engle. Thank You!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Best thing I've heard-

"Ya, you should really cycle a ten gallon with tiger barbs and danios, before adding the discus"

And then the guy asked if the tank needed a filter. The employee said that he didn't while he was cycling, but once he got the discus, he would need one. *Facepalm*
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I heard a little kid point out some fancy goldfish to his mom and said: they swim funny, are they drunk?

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com