Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
StevesPrettyCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by senemedar View Post
Mine does that all the time!! Sometimes I hear a loud 'bang!' when he lands on his shell; and it's even scarier this time as my new tank is 80cm high!
My mystery snail took it further and used to climb out and jump on the floor when I left my lid open. The first time it happened I was watching tv and heard a thump, but payed no attention to it. 10-20 minutes later I was shocked to see a snail crawling across my carpet right in front of the television!
__________________

__________________
StevesPrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 189
My fish have a morning meeting on the left side of the tank ^_^ then at 830 they go do whatever fish do. Same thing every day.
__________________

__________________
Greenpillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #93
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Starka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesPrettyCool

My mystery snail took it further and used to climb out and jump on the floor when I left my lid open. The first time it happened I was watching tv and heard a thump, but payed no attention to it. 10-20 minutes later I was shocked to see a snail crawling across my carpet right in front of the television!
Lol
How long can snails last out of the water?
__________________
-You cannot cross the ocean by just staring at the water.
Starka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starka

Lol
How long can snails last out of the water?
My sister had a snail climb out of her tank and fall behind it. Not sure how long it was back there but she said it was all dry and shriveled up. Instead of throwing it out she put it in some water to soak and it plumped back up and was just fine! She put it back in the tank.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
senemedar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 363
LOL!
I don't know how long they can last without water either, but I do know that when I change my water and snail finds himself above the water level he's back on the bottom in no-time
__________________
'When something goes wrong, do what I do-- act normal and pretend that was te plan from the beginning!' - Doctor Who.
senemedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by senemedar
LOL!
I don't know how long they can last without water either, but I do know that when I change my water and snail finds himself above the water level he's back on the bottom in no-time
some snails can be out of water and others can... my blue mystery snail is the same as yours. but my nerite snail climes above the water line on his own and has stayed above the water line for days
__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andy Sager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales, Florida
Posts: 5,958
Morning meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpillow View Post
My fish have a morning meeting on the left side of the tank ^_^ then at 830 they go do whatever fish do. Same thing every day.
Maybe they are attending school
Sorry, I couldn't resist
__________________
Andy Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
maxwellag's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,286
My Bolivian rams always both try to fit in tiny opening between driftwood pieces. LOL they never fit.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #99
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
StevesPrettyCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starka View Post
Lol
How long can snails last out of the water?
I dont know! He took the leap of faith a few more times since I posted too! Im rehoming them this weekend so i got them in a small water pitcher. I had to tape a piece of cardboard on the top because these guys can travel!

By far the funniest part about it is, even after giving the rug a good scrub, I can still see three little "slime" trails going half way across my room! Kinda gross but I laugh everytime I see it
__________________
StevesPrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Starka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesPrettyCool

I dont know! He took the leap of faith a few more times since I posted too! Im rehoming them this weekend so i got them in a small water pitcher. I had to tape a piece of cardboard on the top because these guys can travel!

By far the funniest part about it is, even after giving the rug a good scrub, I can still see three little "slime" trails going half way across my room! Kinda gross but I laugh everytime I see it
Lol
I think that would be too funny to see XD
__________________

__________________
-You cannot cross the ocean by just staring at the water.
Starka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apple snail, fun, funny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New things in tank Foskett96 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 9 11-17-2011 04:53 PM
Friends for a Mixed Fruit Teta b.rex Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 11-12-2011 08:48 PM
Fuzzy white ball things allycat7813 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 10-30-2011 11:43 AM
Thousands of little white things!!! 2g2ner Saltwater Reef Aquaria 2 10-18-2011 02:27 PM
Looking for cool unusual things Biocube14 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 1 08-02-2011 11:07 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.