Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Activist

My Oscar always swims in reverse and bashes into the other fish I swear I think she does it purposely. It's the funniest thing she would follow the convicts or Pleco around going backwards!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfanatic16 View Post
My Oscar always swims in reverse and bashes into the other fish I swear I think she does it purposely. It's the funniest thing she would follow the convicts or Pleco around going backwards!
Yeah, I heard that oscars are not the brightest bulb in the box. Ha ha

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Activist

I seen my blue velvet damsel pick up a small piece of rubble in his mouth and drop it on a hermit scared him into his shell lol
he also floats down to the aquarium floor starts wafting his tail very fast and then takes off in a huge puff of sand. as it turn out he suits the name i gave him perfectly 'Typhoon' - this behavior has made me very curious as he's digging tunnels thru connecting LR pieces, has anyone else seen this? I just looked up it can be a form of nesting done by males
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Have had many fish over the years so I'll just do some highlights of funny things they've done

Back when I had Oscars they always loved their ping pong ball, nothing on tv one night thought I'd give them their ball, as usual game on unfortunately I forgot to lower the water level. The monster plec in with them at the time decided to get in on the action, up flew the lid on the tank ping pong went flying!! Luckily it didn't break anything since it left with a great amount of speed.

Missy (chocolate cichlid) is always a character, once in a while she'll get a live feeder or 2, she's a big girl and speed isn't her friend so watching her be "stealthy" is always funny. Or if one gets away down into / or under something in the tank tends to push her buttons and the tank is redecorated. If she see's the "lil blue net" the fish dance is on, she can see most of the other tanks from hers so my bad I pick it up sometimes just to mess with her. One of the other things she does if I walk in the house with a small paper bag its usually her bi-weekly dozen crickets, she gets wound if that's possible for a fish and her tankmates head for cover.

All the fish know the turkey baster LOL I feed the defrosted frozen foods & decapsulated brine with it. But they know even the shy fish (there aren't many of them) are dancing and several of the old timers eat directly from it.

Mr Uaru likes to play eskimo kisses with my youngest from his tank, quite funny to watch. When there was a pair of angels in with him, they'd spawned and had free swimmers that he kept trying to steal, he'd literally work up the courage swim into them grab a mouthful go to the other end of the tank and try and get them to stay under him like uaru fry do. Didn't work well but he did try then the angels would gang up on him and take them back needless to say the pair moved out of his tank and he's babysitting some young fish.

a fishnapper lol,thats hilarious
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Freak

First few months when I started out with Panda corys , I did the monthly moving around of the decorations, the smallest of the corys when the rest bolted off, just rolled over and I thought "Oh no, Ive scared him to death" , go to get the net to fish him out and he bolted off himself. Has happened to me the odd occasion, but always fit as a fiddle and I guess thats like his defence mechanism lol
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog76za
First few months when I started out with Panda corys , I did the monthly moving around of the decorations, the smallest of the corys when the rest bolted off, just rolled over and I thought "Oh no, Ive scared him to death" , go to get the net to fish him out and he bolted off himself. Has happened to me the odd occasion, but always fit as a fiddle and I guess thats like his defence mechanism lol
Like those fainting goats, maybe its a fainting cory
Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My 3 goldfish chase each other. it is really cute!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinko
My 3 goldfish chase each other. it is really cute!
goldfish are adorable! mine nuzzle eachother and sleep in the same corner with eachother
Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Newbie

@rreekers
Lol gold fish are so cut do they have names?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Regular

I fed my mixed assortment of fry (mollies, guppy, platy) frozen bloodworms for the first time. A guppy fry, only about 3 weeks old (so he's still tiny!), grabs the longest bloodworm and swims around with it sticking out of his mouth for nearly 10 minutes before he could eat it all. The molly fry were chasing him all over trying to get it but he managed to hold his own :P

Tags
apple snail, fun, funny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com