Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My GW killifish named Crunch, bites at my freckle on my arm. Little stink bites and bites. It always scares the dickens out of me the first time and I have a red spot when I'm done.

My JD loves me. My tank is right next to the door and he sits at the side closest to the door waiting for me. When I walk in he gets really excited and swims around the tank like a maniac. If I sit in my chair in front of the tank he sits and stairs at me. If I'm standing at the sink (it's right next to the other side of the tank), he just sits there and watches me. Whenever I open the top to the tank he swims right up (within 1/2 in of the surface) waiting for food. I only open the tops half way because I'm afraid of him jumping out. :) I LOVE him so much.

KonvictKeeper said:
My JD loves me. My tank is right next to the door and he sits at the side closest to the door waiting for me. When I walk in he gets really excited and swims around the tank like a maniac. If I sit in my chair in front of the tank he sits and stairs at me. If I'm standing at the sink (it's right next to the other side of the tank), he just sits there and watches me. Whenever I open the top to the tank he swims right up (within 1/2 in of the surface) waiting for food. I only open the tops half way because I'm afraid of him jumping out. :) I LOVE him so much.

I wish i had a friend like that still :( haha

KonvictKeeper said:
Did you have one? They are the coolest.

Yeah a ToadFish called Trevor.
He started off tiny , but got massive.
He was just simply the cleverest fish ive ever kept.
He would spend 40% of the time i was around to see him buried in coral sand. wiggling his lure.
He could eat something 1 1/2 times the size of his self.
And i think our friendship was based on respect. As his sting was extremely potent :/

My guppies used too bite my arms. My Moms platies and mollies do now. Used to freak me out! lol

Yeah a ToadFish called Trevor.
He started off tiny , but got massive.
He was just simply the cleverest fish ive ever kept.
He would spend 40% of the time i was around to see him buried in coral sand. wiggling his lure.
He could eat something 1 1/2 times the size of his self.
And i think our friendship was based on respect. As his sting was extremely potent :/

Wow! Where did you get him?

i got a slider and sometimes he makes me laugh. he has a floating basking pad last night he tried to get down from it at the back against the glass time before that he tried to get on it without the ramp and fell back in then he tried to use the bit of bog wood that was sticking out from the water as basking area ti was like the size of his head but some how he managed to balance on it with his legs spread out wide then 2 mins later i heard a big splash where he fell of

GodFan said:
One of my guppy fry tried to eat another younger fry and choked. I walked up and saw a tail sticking out of his mouth. Didnt know a fish's eyes could turn red!!! But I think I had an undiscovered breed of possessed guppies though.....

Thats awsome. I had a batch of zombie guppies. Lol. Came in one day to find pregnant mom dead. When i went to fish her out i noticed fry executing an evacuation plan from moms belly. I had to wait an hour for them to stop coming out so i could flush her.

Thats awsome. I had a batch of zombie guppies. Lol. Came in one day to find pregnant mom dead. When i went to fish her out i noticed fry executing an evacuation plan from moms belly. I had to wait an hour for them to stop coming out so i could flush her.
lol nice! I did a c-section on one of my Mamas lol

My Female Betta and her "prince charming" swim around together and play tag and eat together and "snuggle" and sometimes she goes in the castle and "dances" while he sheepeshly peeks inside watching her. Funny part? He's an albino Kribensis!

Lovin Fish said:
My Female Betta and her "prince charming" swim around together and play tag and eat together and "snuggle" and sometimes she goes in the castle and "dances" while he sheepeshly peeks inside watching her. Funny part? He's an albino Kribensis!

Awww! :)

When my betta guards a algae wafer from ABN pleco, both were willing to fight for it. Lol

my jewels will guard their fry from me,i cant vacuum the sand within about 10 inches of them when they have fry. they cant draw blood but they can rip skin

I had a betta named Blaze who used to watch my mom eat dinner. LOL. It freaked her out so much. She would put a towel over his tiny tank while she was eating. :)

I had a tiny pleco named Marli that would stick to my fingers and clean them, and she'd follow me around the tank if I put my finger on the glass. :)

My little fiddler crabs, Jaq and Joq, used to wave their claws at me if I got too close, or if I was doing something with the tank. It always cracked me up!

My current betta, Juno, hides in his microswords and then darts out if I lean over and look into his tank, like he's trying to scare me away. :) Goofball.

Back
Top Bottom