Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Fighter (Betta) Fish Walter is trying to hide from his own reflection-- and then he starts at it trying to chase it away!

Here's him hiding:

Attachments

• image-2610589349.jpg
    image-2610589349.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 160
My crayfish will dive off her perch on top of the little overturned flower pot after an algae wafer, scoop it up, and run into the pot to eat it.

senemedar said:
My Fighter (Betta) Fish Walter is trying to hide from his own reflection-- and then he starts at it trying to chase it away!

Here's him hiding:

That's a gorgeous Betta!

KonvictKeeper said:
Wow! Where did you get him?

Well in britain The importation of this fish is not allowed for retail sale, but i ordered it from the internet from a private company who breed them for animal protection reasons.

i redecorated my texas tank yesterday and i built him a new cave but left his old one alone in case he didn't like his new one. he inspected it for a while, and i guess he approved because he let my raphael stay in his old cave. anyway he spent the night in his cave. in the morning he was so excited about feeding time that he knocked over his new cave. he was so disappointed that he just sat in between the two rocks where his cave used to be. lol

I left to go some clothes shopping and came back to all four of my bettas at the front of the tank watching the 49er game I left on. Lol XD

Starka said:
I left to go some clothes shopping and came back to all four of my bettas at the front of the tank watching the 49er game I left on. Lol XD

Lol! :)

Right now my Betta is wrestling with an algae wafer. ??? He won't leave it alone. Could he be eating it?

Starka said:

Well, they lost :-( I turned their lights off in mourning.

Watching your smallest ghost shrimp trying to down a bloodworm almost as big as him. :)

One time I woke up to my african dwarf frog attempting to eat a ghost shrimp whole, I don't think it worked out that well, next time I saw the frog later that day it was perfectly fine, and it was not really fat, so I guess the shrimp got away! Also, I have one fancy guppy that always rips off half the tubifex worm cube before any other fish can get it, then swims away and eats all of it!

My betta was swimming "laps" around a leaf in his tank last night. Over it, under it then back again. He always shows off when I am close to the tank, and he just went nuts last night.

My peppered corys get very jealous when my trilined spawn and try and get in on the act bumping the males out of the way!!

I was feeding my commiunty tank brine shrimp and I know my betta doesn't like the shrimp, thing I don't know if he knows. He will eat one shrimp and poof it out, eats it again and poofs it back out, this continues until he is at the bottom of the tank. All the while I'm trying to get his attention so that he can have his bloodworm. So after a few minutes he of this he realizes that I have his worms and finally gets his dinner. He is such a goofball. Lol

my african dwarf frog tends to do splits/ freeze poses like Michael Jordan in the open, ehe silly
attachment

I watched one of my gsp's dive into the sandbed last night after a ghost shrimp, he kicked up a big cloud of sand but missed the shrimp.

Okay...I have more than one to share:

#1 My Kribensis and Betta are a "pair" although he is a bottom dweller and she is a surface dweller. They take turns inhabiting eachothers "homes". Some days she with him in his cave and swimming about with him around the bottom and sometimes he's skimming the surface with her for hours!

#2 My female Betta has been sighted schooling with the Kuhli loaches a few times now. She races after them back and forth across the length of the tank and up and down the corners of the tank. When they are done playing, they pile up and rest with her resting her belley at the top of the Kuhli pile!!

#3 My male Betta has decided he is a corydoras catfish! At least until they wear him out and he moves back up to the surface LOL. He searches them out every morning and then the 6 of them school all about the bottom of the tank. Eventually the Betta gets really tired and sims up to the top gets some air, then rests on top of a plant for awhile. Then later, he will join them again. Sometimes I worry because the Corydoras really beat on him...not on purpose I don't think. He's just too slow to keep up with the pace!!

#4 I have a school of Serpaes anf the top dog is always zooming around nipping his fellow serpaes. The other day he was busy keeping everyone in check he turned around too quickly and nipped without first checking who it was...OOPS! He zoomed off soooo fast with his fins low to his body with the Kribensis hot on his tail! He nipped the wrong guy LOL! The Kribensis chased him just "over yonder" then proudly strutted back to his plant picking LOL!

I think my favorite funny thing is how my betta Marly (avatar) will willingly plop himself on top of the floating penny wort in his tank when I'm getting ready for classes. He does this so I freak out thinking he's dead and then he wiggles off and swims around begging for food. Obviously he is a drastic fatty and it gets me every time. I think it's gotten to the point of him being trained to do it every morning.

Back
Top Bottom