Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

One time I woke up to my african dwarf frog attempting to eat a ghost shrimp whole, I don't think it worked out that well, next time I saw the frog later that day it was perfectly fine, and it was not really fat, so I guess the shrimp got away! Also, I have one fancy guppy that always rips off half the tubifex worm cube before any other fish can get it, then swims away and eats all of it!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

My dwarf gourami started eating air bubbles off my arms it tickled so much

Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
My betta was swimming "laps" around a leaf in his tank last night. Over it, under it then back again. He always shows off when I am close to the tank, and he just went nuts last night.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

My peppered corys get very jealous when my trilined spawn and try and get in on the act bumping the males out of the way!!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was feeding my commiunty tank brine shrimp and I know my betta doesn't like the shrimp, thing I don't know if he knows. He will eat one shrimp and poof it out, eats it again and poofs it back out, this continues until he is at the bottom of the tank. All the while I'm trying to get his attention so that he can have his bloodworm. So after a few minutes he of this he realizes that I have his worms and finally gets his dinner. He is such a goofball. Lol
Old 01-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

my african dwarf frog tends to do splits/ freeze poses like Michael Jordan in the open, ehe silly
Old 01-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I watched one of my gsp's dive into the sandbed last night after a ghost shrimp, he kicked up a big cloud of sand but missed the shrimp.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay...I have more than one to share:

#1 My Kribensis and Betta are a "pair" although he is a bottom dweller and she is a surface dweller. They take turns inhabiting eachothers "homes". Some days she with him in his cave and swimming about with him around the bottom and sometimes he's skimming the surface with her for hours!

#2 My female Betta has been sighted schooling with the Kuhli loaches a few times now. She races after them back and forth across the length of the tank and up and down the corners of the tank. When they are done playing, they pile up and rest with her resting her belley at the top of the Kuhli pile!!

#3 My male Betta has decided he is a corydoras catfish! At least until they wear him out and he moves back up to the surface LOL. He searches them out every morning and then the 6 of them school all about the bottom of the tank. Eventually the Betta gets really tired and sims up to the top gets some air, then rests on top of a plant for awhile. Then later, he will join them again. Sometimes I worry because the Corydoras really beat on him...not on purpose I don't think. He's just too slow to keep up with the pace!!

#4 I have a school of Serpaes anf the top dog is always zooming around nipping his fellow serpaes. The other day he was busy keeping everyone in check he turned around too quickly and nipped without first checking who it was...OOPS! He zoomed off soooo fast with his fins low to his body with the Kribensis hot on his tail! He nipped the wrong guy LOL! The Kribensis chased him just "over yonder" then proudly strutted back to his plant picking LOL!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice FINatic

my fry carrying around broccoli.. I think they bit off a little more than they can chew

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120130_231402.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	74107
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think my favorite funny thing is how my betta Marly (avatar) will willingly plop himself on top of the floating penny wort in his tank when I'm getting ready for classes. He does this so I freak out thinking he's dead and then he wiggles off and swims around begging for food. Obviously he is a drastic fatty and it gets me every time. I think it's gotten to the point of him being trained to do it every morning.

Tags
apple snail, fun, funny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com