Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
dare devil snail

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120201_134116.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	74329
__________________

__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Mike19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
My African Clawed Frog stands up all the time lol


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-619618983.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	74400
__________________

__________________
Mike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Starka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike19
My African Clawed Frog stands up all the time lol
Lol! That is funny!
__________________
-You cannot cross the ocean by just staring at the water.
Starka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
My African Clawed Frog stands up all the time lol


Attachment 74400
His eyes! lol
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
Loving that frog! Lol!
I used to have Oscars that would rearrange all of the rocks in the tank every night after lights out. I would set it up and they would change it nightly! They also used to eat from my hand so when I got my parrot fish I thought to see if he would eat from my hand too. Well now when I open the lid he swims to the top as fast as he can and rests his chin on the edge just waiting for me to pop a pellet his way. Lol!
__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andy Sager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales, Florida
Posts: 5,953
The funniest thing....

Way back when, I used to breed Oscars (Astranomus Ocellatus). I had 13 pairs at that time. The female of one of those pairs became very fond of me and would pay special attention to my hand while I cleaned their tank. I was always "petting" the 2 of them so they were used to my hands in the tank. One day the female was paying extra attention to my cleaning activities. I decided to rest my hand on the bottom of the tank and formed a half moon shape. The female came over and nuzzled her way into my hand and layed down inside of it. This was not an agressive move as she just came to rest while touching my hand. Almost as if she was using it as a pillow. This went on a few different times until the male just couldn't take it anymore and attacked my hand. He attacked me now everytime I tried to clean the tank. From there on out it was Sponge on a stick time.
I know jealousy works fish to fish. Did anyone know that it happens fish to human???
__________________
Andy Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager
Way back when, I used to breed Oscars (Astranomus Ocellatus). I had 13 pairs at that time. The female of one of those pairs became very fond of me and would pay special attention to my hand while I cleaned their tank. I was always "petting" the 2 of them so they were used to my hands in the tank. One day the female was paying extra attention to my cleaning activities. I decided to rest my hand on the bottom of the tank and formed a half moon shape. The female came over and nuzzled her way into my hand and layed down inside of it. This was not an agressive move as she just came to rest while touching my hand. Almost as if she was using it as a pillow. This went on a few different times until the male just couldn't take it anymore and attacked my hand. He attacked me now everytime I tried to clean the tank. From there on out it was Sponge on a stick time.
I know jealousy works fish to fish. Did anyone know that it happens fish to human???
Lol, that's a cute story!
__________________
Hholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andy Sager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales, Florida
Posts: 5,953
What can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hholly View Post
Lol, that's a cute story!
It was a love story for the ages. I was about 14 at the time, she was about 13 (inches).
You just never forget your first true love
__________________
Andy Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
senemedar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 363
That is a really good story!! "I love you, Handy, but we can't be together!" LOL
__________________
'When something goes wrong, do what I do-- act normal and pretend that was te plan from the beginning!' - Doctor Who.
senemedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andy Sager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales, Florida
Posts: 5,953
It's amazing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by senemedar View Post
That is a really good story!! "I love you, Handy, but we can't be together!" LOL
...what sparks growth.
From this experience, I learned FI (Fish Intelligence) is way beyond what most people know. I've been able to communicate and interact with wild specimens in the open ocean as well as in fish tanks on a level that amazed my bosses and co- workers. Hand feeding exotics began a normal thing for me. My Favorite was Chambered Nautiluses. They would see me coming and race across their 8' long tanks to get to me first.
Bottom line, fish aren't as dumb as we think they are. Study, and I really mean study a fish and it's behavior and you'll see what I mean.
__________________

__________________
Andy Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apple snail, fun, funny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New things in tank Foskett96 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 9 11-17-2011 04:53 PM
Friends for a Mixed Fruit Teta b.rex Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 11-12-2011 08:48 PM
Fuzzy white ball things allycat7813 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 10-30-2011 11:43 AM
Thousands of little white things!!! 2g2ner Saltwater Reef Aquaria 2 10-18-2011 02:27 PM
Looking for cool unusual things Biocube14 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 1 08-02-2011 11:07 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.