Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently I caught my Apple Snail catching a bit of "fresh air" on the filter outlet! So now I wonder, what else there is that our aquatic friends doing that makes us laugh? Post it!!

http://youtu.be/OnDhjpYUz9w

My hatchet took a huge piece of the algae wafer once. Considering they have such tiny mouths, i was dieing

My bumblebee catfish is named Tumble because he grabs the sinking wafers and rolls and tumbles them into his cave. Makes me laugh every time

my bolivian ram plays keep away with my cory for sinking wafers. :) she puts them in her mouth and swims around the tank while the cory follows like a puppy waiting for food lol.

My Betta just "laid down" on a bunch of anubias with his fins all spread out, like he was relaxing on the couch.

My betta does that too, he also wags his tail too like a dog!!!!

One of my guppy fry tried to eat another younger fry and choked. I walked up and saw a tail sticking out of his mouth. Didnt know a fish's eyes could turn red!!! But I think I had an undiscovered breed of possessed guppies though.....

when I was a kid family friends had a snail named "suicide Sally" who would climb to the surface jump off to slowly float down to her doom again and again

my oscars do a 'Tokyo Drift' sideways movement across the tank. they get some impressive momentum going.
also, i have seen them do headstands and the tiger likes to lay on the red's head! lol! x

manbeast said:
when I was a kid family friends had a snail named "suicide Sally" who would climb to the surface jump off to slowly float down to her doom again and again

Mine does that all the time!! Sometimes I hear a loud 'bang!' when he lands on his shell; and it's even scarier this time as my new tank is 80cm high!

And there's also a morning gymnastics:

Attachments

• image-2612858666.jpg
    image-2612858666.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 185
  • image-934404303.jpg
    image-934404303.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 179
After feeding my frontosa the with small frozen whole fish , the following day i was observing them as I frequently do, I lmao when whilst trying to poo one of them must of farted as bubble rose from its butt.

A Dragonfly nymph got into my tank somehow a few months ago, my two Rams both tried to eat it at the same time and played tug of war with it, til it got ripped in half. A little sadistic, but i found it hilarious.

Also the other day I threw in some broken up algae wafers. My BN Pleco started eating one, then one my Amanos swooped in, stole the wafer, and swam away as fast as it could.

Gboy66 said:
My hatchet took a huge piece of the algae wafer once. Considering they have such tiny mouths, i was dieing

Lol I always got cracked up when my hatchetfish ate because he would just cruise along the top eating tiny pieces of flakes, but then he'd suddenly suck in a piece bigger than his head lol

paytertot said:
Lol I always got cracked up when my hatchetfish ate because he would just cruise along the top eating tiny pieces of flakes, but then he'd suddenly suck in a piece bigger than his head lol

Exactly!! Haha i LOVE hatchets!!:D

When I used to have a dwarf gourami, I was cleaning the tank with the lid off and decided to feed them. I had the flakes in my hand and was about to put them in when the DG spit water at me! Lol

when readjusting the filter your 42 leopard danios pluck the hairs from your arm :/ leaving you with a ridiculously odd set of arms

when readjusting the filter your 42 leopard danios pluck the hairs from your arm :/ leaving you with a ridiculously odd set of arms
my cherry barbs don't pluck the hair lol, but they always nibble at the airbubbles on my arms... it's so cute!

Viperchaos said:

Hahaha :)
My Mollies do just that :) when they can't get to bloodworm that's still frozen in between my fingers they turn to the fingers themselves :) It's like having a manicure :D

Back
Top Bottom