Funny Ferret & Fish Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Courtney8526

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 ferrets and the only time they get to come out of their cage is if I'm in the room because they get into EVERYTHING. So, yesterday I was doing laundry and I left the room to go get clothes out of the dryer. When I came back one of the ferrets had climbed up on my desk where I have a 10 gallon and a 2.5 gallon tanks. The 10 gallon doesn't have a lid. I'm sure you can see where this story is going. He was standing up looking over the edge and splashing in the water. It was a pretty funny sight. I'm just glad I was only out of the room for a couple of minutes so he couldn't make too much of a mess.

And I thought my macaw was bad! I can usually leave my bird out for hours at a time without paying attention to him, but there have been times where I find him in the bathroom closet, tearing apart new Kleenex boxes...

Will the ferrets eat the fish in the tanks?

I was wondering too - was the ferret trying to get at the fish or was he just playing in the water, and maybe didn't know the fish were there?

I'm not sure if they would eat the fish or not. But if they caught one, I'm sure they would take a nibble.

I can't let them out before I put the trash can out or they will knock it over and get trash everywhere. If there is a bag anywhere they can get to, they will get in it and they LOVE to get in the shelves with my shoes and knock them down. And all of this is in my bedroom, I don't know what they would do if I let them run all over the house. Oh, I did leave them in the bathroom once and they found my box of tampons and they were all over the bathroom. Gotta love em.

My birds aren't too bad about tearing stuff up but I know that they can get into trouble sometimes.... but it's so much fun for them, right?

I don't think he knew they were in there. He looked like a kid splashing in the water with his "hands" I think he was just playing because he wasn't reaching down in the tank. Plus, all the fish were down in the bottom and hiding.

I don't think he knew they were in there. He looked like a kid splashing in the water with his "hands" I think he was just playing because he wasn't reaching down in the tank. Plus, all the fish were down in the bottom and hiding.

Smart fishies !!! :flasingsmile:

Back
Top Bottom