Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
not really a funny story, more a stupid comment by an employee at a lfs: some fish (namely corys) eat poop
The ignorance of some of these employees who work in pet stores is utterly astounding.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

When I was a teenager, I was feeding my fish and one of them jumped out and landed right into my shirt pocket. I scooped up the little guy and put him right back in.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
When I was acclimating my longnose butterfly, he would look right at my face, stick his long mouth out of the water, and squirt water at my like a little fountain lol
Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

My brother's goldfish is blind, so when he feels the vibration of the lid opening he comes to eat, and if you take to long to feed him, he splashes you with water that he flings from his tail... My brother's goldfish is 7in long so his tail is about 3ins long! I really don't like his goldfish, he is 7-8 years old, blind, and white...
jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

lolll my chihuahua papillion mix is in love with my red devil he whines next to the tank until i pick him up and hold him next to him hes only seen little fish before under 5 inches
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a good one. My sons like to 'help' take care of my fish. One day my 3 year old comes to me and says 'Momma, I feed yellowhammer!" (Our yellow lab cichlid) of course I rush in thinking he has fed him a whole container of flakes or something (again). NOPE. A nice hefty handful of Banana nut bread was bobbing up and down by the filter. I wish there was a way to lock my tanks down
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashytails View Post
I have a good one. My sons like to 'help' take care of my fish. One day my 3 year old comes to me and says 'Momma, I feed yellowhammer!" (Our yellow lab cichlid) of course I rush in thinking he has fed him a whole container of flakes or something (again). NOPE. A nice hefty handful of Banana nut bread was bobbing up and down by the filter. I wish there was a way to lock my tanks down
I am craving banana bread now! Lol it's kinda the opposite for me. When my mom feeds the fish, she tends to put at least a handful in the tank; no matter how many times I tell her to feed just a pinch. I swear I almost had a spike coming on, but I caught it just in time. Haha
Old 08-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fish food must be appealing to all animals- my ferrets will do anything for a taste of flakes or pellets. Who knows...
Old 08-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #29
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Let's see. I used to have a managuense (jaguar) cichlid who would play with anything round. I found a round river rock and put it in his tank. He'd move the gravel to one side so he could roll the rock up the bank of gravel and let it roll down, then roll it back up, let it roll back down etc etc. He also loved playing with golf balls.

My syno cats must have belly rubs when I'm cleaning their tank. They'll roll over onto their backs and hover there until i rub them.

I feed my scarlet badis using a syringe so I don't over-feed them with a frozen food block. The dominant male will come right up to the syringe and tug pieces of food out.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Regular

My betta jumped out of my tank once, while I was on vacation. Came home and found a shriveled betta in the cabinet. I pocled it up with a net and brought it to the toilet to flush it. As soon as it hit the water it started swimming up the pipe. I had to plunge it out. It died the next day for real.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com