Funny fish stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a teenager, I was feeding my fish and one of them jumped out and landed right into my shirt pocket. I scooped up the little guy and put him right back in.

When I was acclimating my longnose butterfly, he would look right at my face, stick his long mouth out of the water, and squirt water at my like a little fountain lol

My brother's goldfish is blind, so when he feels the vibration of the lid opening he comes to eat, and if you take to long to feed him, he splashes you with water that he flings from his tail... My brother's goldfish is 7in long so his tail is about 3ins long! I really don't like his goldfish, he is 7-8 years old, blind, and white...

lolll my chihuahua papillion mix is in love with my red devil he whines next to the tank until i pick him up and hold him next to him hes only seen little fish before under 5 inches

I have a good one. My sons like to 'help' take care of my fish. One day my 3 year old comes to me and says 'Momma, I feed yellowhammer!" (Our yellow lab cichlid) of course I rush in thinking he has fed him a whole container of flakes or something (again). NOPE. A nice hefty handful of Banana nut bread was bobbing up and down by the filter. I wish there was a way to lock my tanks down ;)

I have a good one. My sons like to 'help' take care of my fish. One day my 3 year old comes to me and says 'Momma, I feed yellowhammer!" (Our yellow lab cichlid) of course I rush in thinking he has fed him a whole container of flakes or something (again). NOPE. A nice hefty handful of Banana nut bread was bobbing up and down by the filter. I wish there was a way to lock my tanks down ;)

I am craving banana bread now! Lol it's kinda the opposite for me. When my mom feeds the fish, she tends to put at least a handful in the tank; no matter how many times I tell her to feed just a pinch. I swear I almost had a spike coming on, but I caught it just in time. Haha :D

Fish food must be appealing to all animals- my ferrets will do anything for a taste of flakes or pellets. Who knows...

Let's see. I used to have a managuense (jaguar) cichlid who would play with anything round. I found a round river rock and put it in his tank. He'd move the gravel to one side so he could roll the rock up the bank of gravel and let it roll down, then roll it back up, let it roll back down etc etc. He also loved playing with golf balls.

My syno cats must have belly rubs when I'm cleaning their tank. They'll roll over onto their backs and hover there until i rub them.

I feed my scarlet badis using a syringe so I don't over-feed them with a frozen food block. The dominant male will come right up to the syringe and tug pieces of food out.

My betta jumped out of my tank once, while I was on vacation. Came home and found a shriveled betta in the cabinet. I pocled it up with a net and brought it to the toilet to flush it. As soon as it hit the water it started swimming up the pipe. I had to plunge it out. It died the next day for real.

My son has gotten a container of my daughters baby cereal and dumped it in my 55g cichlid tank. They were going nuts... And it looked like it was snowing in the tank lol. We also had an incident with my daughters formula being dumped in my little ole 10g I started with a little over a year ago... That was a complete night mare! The water so cloudy I couldn't see through it. Stress from that lasted for days lol.

Back
Top Bottom