Funny fish stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I remember my grandpa telling me about when my mom and aunt were kids he bought them a goldfish in a little bowl and one day it jumped out. It was completely dried out and had been dead on the counter for awhile. However, he grabbed it by the tail and ran it under the sink face down and it suddenly came back to life! He put it back in the bowl and it continued to live for a good while afterwords!

Anybody else have funny or interesting fish stories? Please share!

My mom was cleaning my brothers betta fish bowl and she had scooped up in a net, it some how jump out of the net and went straight down the drain... right in front of my 5 year old niece.

Not quite as good/sad as the betta story. I have a simes algae eater it is about 6 inches long, while trying to net him he got spooked (these fish are extremely spookable) and jumped a good 4 feet across my room and landed right in a paper towel roll. After some screaming and such I finally got the poor little guy back in the tank :)

A friend of mine told me a story about her Betta that is pretty funny. She said that she was cleaning out the tank when spilled some water on the floor I think and the fish jumped out of the net. She looked and looked for the fish but couldn't find it anywhere. After about a few days she was cleaning out under some Seward and there on the floor under them was the Betta lying in a little puddle of water. It was still alive and She put it back in the tank and it was fine. ;)

A family friend had a betta that jumped out at night. In the morning, someone thought it was a bug and started hitting the betta with a broom until he noticed the tank was empty and it was the betta. The fish did survive luckily.

I saw one of my goldfish once with an oversized pice of gravel in his mouth. He was sucking on it. :lol: when I came to the tank he got surprised and the piece hit the glass and fell off. Laughed at that. Oh and that one time I came up to my tank and the Molly got scared and darted right into the glass. Now THAT was funny.

The very first time I did the whole feed him a pea thing, I put as little as possible in the tank and had to hold it up because it would've sank and he wouldn't have eaten it. So I hold the piece and my Betta looks at it skeptically. Then slowly swims up and nibbles on it. Then just jets away from it while he swallows and then he goes to the other side of the tank and stays there for a moment and then goes. As fast as can and collides with my fingers, taking the whole pea out of my hand and putting it all in his mouth. He was super shakin up because of the collision but when I realizes that the ENTIRE piece of pea is in his mouth he just devours it. Soooo funny. Couldn't stop laughing.

I saw one of my goldfish once with an oversized pice of gravel in his mouth. He was sucking on it. :lol: when I came to the tank he got surprised and the piece hit the glass and fell off. Laughed at that.

Hahaha! Reminds me of something I saw at my Petsmart a few days ago. They had a big fancy tail goldfish in a tank with a bunch of guppies and I guess it got really hungry and it snatched up one of the guppies and all that was left was a little tail sticking out of the goldfish's mouth and it just swam around the tank sucking on the guppy like is was the new big thing. ;D

found this thread and had to post this haha. so i sold my sister one of my tanks with some easy beginner fish to get her started and shes been doing really well with it. she has her tank on a stand and has the fish food under the tank in a closed cabinet. one day her husky opened the cabinet and took the fish food out, broke it open, spread it all over the living room and ate a bunch of it!!! and now she has done this three times lol three brand new cans of tetra flakes. she keeps trying to put them in a different spot but her dog just keeps getting to it lol who would have thought dogs love fish food so much!!

A couple years ago my betta died and when I was going to flush it it jumped right out of the net! But really it was dead, all the color was gone, ragged fins and a loses eye! He was out into a hospital tank even though his eyes where out. He died a day later

A couple years ago my betta died and when I was going to flush it it jumped right out of the net! But really it was dead, all the color was gone, ragged fins and a loses eye! He was out into a hospital tank even though his eyes where out. He died a day later

That's kinda.....crazy...? 0_o

I don't know if this counts as a fish story, but here goes.

Last Halloween, my cousins came over so I could do their makeup (it's another favored hobby of mine) and one of my cousins wanted to be...a goldfish. I literally had to go to my brothers house to look at his goldfish and try replicate goldfish scales..she found a fish like costume with already orange scales so I had to make her face and neck blend into the costume (hard to explain). We bought tons of orange body paint that night. Lots of mess too. Lol never again.

This doesn't involve fish but..my cat likes the smell of fish flakes. Whenever I feed my fish she instantly comes and sniffs the container. She doesn't eat it though, thankfully. Lol

found this thread and had to post this haha. so i sold my sister one of my tanks with some easy beginner fish to get her started and shes been doing really well with it. she has her tank on a stand and has the fish food under the tank in a closed cabinet. one day her husky opened the cabinet and took the fish food out, broke it open, spread it all over the living room and ate a bunch of it!!! and now she has done this three times lol three brand new cans of tetra flakes. she keeps trying to put them in a different spot but her dog just keeps getting to it lol who would have thought dogs love fish food so much!!

OMEGA ONE and NLS have much better nutritional values for huskys!:ROFLMAO:

Last night I had two Red Cherry shrimp fighting over the same piece of food pellet for about 5 minutes. One finally gave up and wandered off and picked up one of the other pieces lying on the sand about an inch away.

Then the Mystery Snail came through and broke up the feeding frenzy for a while, till it got it's fill and slithered off. Then the shrimp returned to their feast.

I had a sixline wrasse jump out of the tank. My dog, a boxer mix, with a significant underbite, scoops it up (she can hold crickets in her mouth gently enough to not hurt them) and runs off to play with it. we chased her for a good while, the wrasse was put back in the tank, but had unfortunately been out of the water too long.

Back
Top Bottom