Funny Surge Explaination!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what they are trying to do...Plus, I couldn't understand what they were saying....
My guess, the water rises and the "toilet" flushes, making a current (time released)? Why? Just use a ph.
The 2nd coral isn't a zenia is it??

Well from what I've be reading it suppose to emulate natural reef current, that's why it referred to as a Surge Tank. I saw a Few on You Tube that Look really good and constructed really well to Emulate Natural Ocean Current.... That basically would eliminate the PH.... And yes that voice was funny that why I made the post.... LOL

Honestly, I don't see it being enough flow for a true "wave type"/natural wave of the ocean....and the corals she has are a little deeper than the natural flow of true based "flow" type of corals that are way closer to the surface of the water types of corals...BUT, I'm not a reffer so, I am only going off of what I have seen SCUBA diving. Hopefully some of the more experienced folks may have better input.
I really don't see much of a difference between a timer (phs) and this application, other than "shallow dwelling corals"....

Back
Top Bottom