FW and SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FW/SW?

• I will only ever keep freshwater tanks.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I will only ever keep saltwater tanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to keep both.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I have FW now, but want a saltwater tank.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I have SW now, but want a freshwater tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I was just curious as to your "dedication" to the the kind of tanks you keep. I know that some keep both freshwater and saltwater tanks, and some people only keep one kind for various reasons.

In addition to the poll, you can also post here as to why you chose what you did if you would like to. :)

Last edited:
Freshwater appeals to me, Saltwater not so much. Just like I like cats way more than dogs. Doesn t matter why, right?

Freshwater is what I am familiar with. Have had FW fish for 50 yrs now. Main reason I never did Salt was because it is so much more expensive. Also, I grew up by the sea so Salt was no big deal to me. BUT, you really can't beat the colors you find in salt. OS.

I have FW only because I don't have the room or money for a SW tank. Once I have a bigger house and am done with school I would love to have a SW tank. I love both equally just as of right now with funds and room available in my home FW just works better for me.

I have four freshwater tanks and one salt. I eventually want a reef tank but for now I just can't afford it/don't have room for it. I don't have any plans to abandon freshwater tanks, though.

I have one salt, a goldfish pond, two big FW and an assortment of nano tanks- one SW, two FW. I love them all for very different reasons. For example, I'm very much into "critters"- ie my turtle and clawed frogs) so I like fresh for that. But the crazy assortment of awesome inverts in salt draws me there.

I don't have any salt water tanks, yet but when I do have one there will still be a special place in my heart for planted freshwater tanks!

I've got two tanks in the living room, on each side of my TV. One's a 29g FW, and the other is a 28g nano cube reef.

I have a 20 gal FW on a cabinet straight across from my bed in eyeline and a 9 gal nano reef in the front room I hope to one day have monster tanks of both kinds of fish

Back
Top Bottom