garage door trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i managed to make the chain of my garage door opener come off the small sprocket that is above the door. so now it doesnt move. does any one know if there's an easy way to re-attatch the chain or am i going to have to break a ton of stuff down to do it or what?

You might want to call someone on that one, I think some chain driven garage doors have a mighty powerful spring there and if something happens you could trip that thing and get hurt. If you do try to fix it yourself, just be real careful. It also looks like from mine that if you were able to detach the end of the chain from the bracket, you could then rewrap it around the sprocket and reattach. That chain has to come off of there somehow... I am going to go look at mine and get a pic of what I am talking about.

all right, this is what I figured out on my door...

if you unscrew the tension bolt, you SHOULD be able to create enough slack to slide the chain back over the sprocket, then just draw up the rest of the tension once its on. Thats probably why it came off to begin with, there was a tad too much slack and it just "jumped track" I hope you have the same design, and this helps...

Attachments

• 2004_0304door0002.jpg
    2004_0304door0002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2004_0304door0003.jpg
    2004_0304door0003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 18
mine looks very similar to that, except that it has a spring on the bolt as well, and i was worried about playing around with any of the springs and screwing it up worse then it already is. But, I guess i cant make it any worse so as soon as i can get my ladder back from my neighbor i'm gonna give it a try.

thanks for the help!

BTW, everyone should make sure that their grill is all the way in the garage before shutting the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom