Georgia vs Shedd Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piperky1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My family is planning a vacation. I want to go somewhere with an awesome aquarium. Has anyone ever been to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and/or Shedd Aquarium in Chicago? Would like to hear from someone who has been to both so I can get a good comparison. We live about 7 hours away from both. Thoughts on either or both?

Where do you live? Why not come to the Henery Doorly Zoo in Omaha Nebraska. We just revamped the Scott Aquarium and our zoo has been voted #1 in the country. to answer your question, no I haven't been to either aquarium.

I have been to the shedd you will have a lot of fun there but you have to pay extra to see everything and its not worth it unless you do.

Gerogia is amazing. There home to 4 whale sharks and the only aquarium to own manta rays. Plus there are ton of other things to see. They even have a dolphin show

NE KY somewhere? Shedd is well worth the money. I haven't been to Georgia but the know several that have and they enjoyed it also. I think it depends on ones level of interest also. If you like aquariums versus you like aquariums/ichthyologist/etc... My wife, kids, friends, family are like that is a neat fish/aquarium and move one where I could spend several days or more at these places. I was rushed at Shedd and didn't get to spend the time I like looking at things.

As far as aquariums go Monterey Bay, Georgia, and Shedd are considered the top three hands down, here in the states. Depending on where you live you could double up... Georgia for instance because you could also stop by Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga, TN. It is a very nice aquarium also and has some nice display of natives.

I live in the bootheel of Missouri. I have been to the aquarium in Gatlinburg. Still undecided where to go.

You said the aquarium in Chattanooga. That one os nice as well. I thought you said the Ripleys in Gatlinburg.

Never been to Shedd but the Georgia aquarium is awesome. Haven't been in probably 15 years, and I can only imagine it's gotten better since then. That was by far my favorite place to go as a kid, back when I lived in Georgia. The Chattanooga Aquarium is really nice, too.

I live in ATL and the GA aquarium is one of the biggest aquarium in the US. It's also one of the few in the world that keeps Beluga whales, rays, Australian leafy sea dragon, etc in the same place. Highly recommended. The amount of reef/coral for saltwater and live fauna for freshwater is unbelievable. i wish i could work there:brows:

Shedd is amazing - but buy your tickets online before you go and go early in the day. If you don't buy your tickets online you will literally stand outside in a line for a few hours - trust me lol

Back
Top Bottom