Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Exercising is a big factor in Losing Weight. I changed the way I look at food for about 3 weeks now and I have lost over 12lbs. My goal is to loose the 30lbs of baby fat I still had from the birth of my 2nd son.

By cutting out all sodas, juices and allowing myself just one cup of coffee a day, I can tell right away it has made a big difference.

I am eating everything that I want, but in a lot smaller quantities. I limit myself to a plate of food the size of my fist and as much green vegies as I want (boiled, without salt or butter). I have breakfast, snack, lunch snack, dinner and a snack. By continously eating all day, your metabolism will continue to keep going.

Limit yourself to red meat. Stick with chicken, fish and any vegie that is green.

By exercising on an empty stomach, your body takes the stored fat you have and burns it. I don't eat after 6pm. If I do get hungry, I will grab a small peach or a banana.

And most importantly, exercise. My trainer/ friend told me that walking for at least 15 minutes a day or every other day will help your metabolism.

I wish I had the time and energy to run to the gym, but realistically I don't. I work 8+ hours a day and then go home to my second job, MY FAMILY, so it was difficult for me to eat at a decent time and eat healthy. As for motivation, my husband keeps me going. He supports me and pushes me when I get lazy at night and I don't want to go on my stepper.

Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sounds like you are doing great Fawn. Keep it up. Eventually you will crave exercise everyday and feel a little off on days you don't get it. Exercise was my new drug when I quit smoking.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict
You're exactly right Talloulou. When I started gung-ho exercising, if I didn't do it every day without fail, I would feel sluggish and become easily irritated. I try to walk every morning, but sometimes I can't find the time until after work. I have a similar schedule to you Fawn in regards to work then going home to family. But my family starts me on my household work as soon as I walk through the door. Whether it be mowing the grass, gardening, going grocery shopping or errand running, or computer work. It's like I work at work, then come home to work. Yesterday it was going to STL to pick up tractor parts. To try to combat this I get up a little bit earlier in the morning. I may lose an hours sleep, but I will also lose those extra pounds that I gained from my college days.
Vote for Aquarium Advice

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 07-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Originally Posted by FawnN
I wish I had the time and energy to run to the gym, but realistically I don't.
I'm pretty lucky in that respect. the apartment complex I live in has a free gym for residents. And it's not an el-cheapo-better-than-nothing one. The local pro sports teams train here. They have indoor batting cages and soccer fields etc. Not to mention a nice sports bar that overlooks the playing areas. Oh yeah, it takes me three and a half minutes to walk from the eliptical machine I do my cardio on to my front door (I timed it the other day to see if it qualified as cool down).

Originally Posted by Andos99
I will however continue to weight train at a fairly intense pace.
If it works really well then you might want to check out HIT. I prefer HST at high intensity. Here's a breakdown to avoid confusion...

HST == Hypertrophic Specific Training
HIT == High Intensity Training
SST == Strength Specific Training (info from HST's forum)

Since you want to go the "ripping" route, I would suggest you find you BMR. You can go to that site I posted earlier to get a ballpark. Something I did a couple of years ago was find a place with a body gem. It's a device that measures your exact BMR. Four hours before you do it, no food, no drink (except water), no caffeine, no ciggarettes, no exercise, etc. Then they take your age weight etc, and hook you up to the machine. Basically they use a clip to pinch your nose shut so you can't breathe through it and then you breathe into a scuba type aparatus for about 15 minutes. It measures the amount of oxygen your body uses to "exist". By finding this out it can determine how many calories your body needs to exist. Mine at that point was 2083. This number represents what my body needs if I do nothing all day, by knowing it I can plan meals and exercises accordingly.

I got it done at Bally's for $45. It's expensive, but it also eliminates any guesswork in how many calories you should be consuming.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com