Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Price is really no concern, but like I said why spend 6-9 thousand for eveyone else to enjoy ... Yeah I'm selfish!!! We thought about the whole beach thing William, but the hassles of getting a wedding together is becoming VERY stressful and me and the wifey are starting to think, wait why are we doing this for everyone else ... this is our day!

So yeah anyway, we are definitely going to Maui, we have some friends of ours that are going to be there for their honeymoon ... imagine that ... they won't be in Maui, but they said they will take a little day trip to come and witness for us! Now it comes down to getting everything booked and set.

WooT WooT .. I'm excited.

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 08-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
wait why are we doing this for everyone else ... this is our day!
True 'dat.

They can be soooo stressful accomodating everyone. Invite'm to an anniversary party in about 5 years.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 08-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

or even better 10 years!!!!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 08-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to tracygh Send a message via Yahoo to tracygh
congrats Jermz!

we did the same thing on a MUCH smaller scale...we went from years of planning to "don't book anything for next Sunday, we're getting married after church".
It was perfect, everything came together beautifully, and I got to marry the man of my dreams after waiting 5 years.

Let us know how your plans pan out, we are all so excited for you!

*of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most*
Old 08-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks tracy.
We are steering away from the church thing for a couple reasons ... I'm non-denominational, and my wife was married prior and had a legit divorce, but it isn't recognized by the Catholic church until she pays them $250 for some paperwork crap! SO yeah no church weddings, not that i have anyting against them ... just not for me!

Some might see my sig. and say hmmmmm ... But that serenity prayer was my life saver when my mother passed three years ago. Without that prayer, I probably wouldn't be around today!

HAWAII .... mmmmmm I can taste the cool frozen alcoholic drinks already!!! And is it true that Hawaiians love spam in a can?

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey…don’t miss out on the adventure capital of the world! If it’s a fun filled adventure you are after, you cannot go wrong. We also have one of the top ten dive sites of the world! April is the beginning of autumn here in the upper South Island.

Good luck either way!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Vivienne ... I WILL one day get to New Zealand, it is a dream of mine! But for now we have decided on St. Lucia in January. Cost was too good to pass up and I have not been to St. Lucia so I figured why not!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hawaii: I would recommend against the island of Oahu. Waikiki and the surrounding area is just a giant, urban tourist trap. Some people love it, but I think you may be disappointed if you are planning on honeymooning there. A friend in my office got married on the beach on Maui two months ago, and it sounded like a great, great time. She had only about a dozen or so (maybe a little less) of her and her husband's immediate family and closest friends, and that was it. Very informal ceremony on the beach, and if the pictures and her smiles are any clue, it was a great experience. Feel free to pm me if you want more information, and I will see what I can get for you if you are interested.

NZ: Never been there, but I bet it would be amazing if you can afford it.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com