Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Word. I didn't mean to infer that you'd get pin worms from your tank. They can very easily be transmitted other ways. I personally have never drank my tank water but I expect a little bit isn't going to have that big of an effect on you.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Let's hope it's nothing big. I worry mainly because I get plants in from all over the country and sometimes out of country. You never know what could have hitch hiked in from plant farms, the wild and other people's tank.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Well, I hope you get feeling better. That's a pretty crappy situation to be in. I feel for ya, hope they figure out what it is and get you back to good health.

I just can't see you getting anything like that from your tank. I suppose it's possible. Let us know what the doctors say.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bad news. Blood test and stool and urine all clear. Off to the gastroenterologist.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Ouch. Hope everything turns out alright man. I hope you dont have to drink any chalk or any of that fun stuff.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Ooo...I've had to do Barium drinks...I hope you don't have to! Tastes terrible...I hope your ok
Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep. Wish me luck. Not to sound morbid or gross but at least my poo isn't as diarreah-y as before so I'm guessing it was just from stress from the end of the school year or something (it's loose not watery). No idea. Also no blood in my stool means it's probably not ulcerative colitis. Or it's UC in its early stages. Only one way to find out though.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe
Yep. Wish me luck. Not to sound morbid or gross but at least my poo isn't as diarreah-y as before so I'm guessing it was just from stress from the end of the school year or something (it's loose not watery). No idea. Also no blood in my stool means it's probably not ulcerative colitis. Or it's UC in its early stages. Only one way to find out though.
Haha! Nothin better than no diarrhea the end of school can beat a person up on the inside pretty bad
Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good news and bad news! The good news is that I probably don't have IBD. The bad news is that I probably of celiac disease! Going to get a biopsy next week. Lovely lovely.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe
Good news and bad news! The good news is that I probably don't have IBD. The bad news is that I probably of celiac disease! Going to get a biopsy next week. Lovely lovely.
Celiacs isn't that bad, my GF has it and it's completely manageable. The Co-Op and all it's gluten free goodies will become your best friend.

Tags
ick, sick, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com