Ghost in a jar....I want one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
but is it worth over $16.00? hmmmm......It's from Tibet after all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Ghost-In-a-Ja...ryZ19270QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Perhaps I'm better off with the haunted cross a dead drunk used to beat his children......

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAUNTED-WOODEN-...ryZ35815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

does cost a bit more than the ghost in the jar...hmmmm

But wait there is also a doll from a Voodoo Priest practitioner in haiti. And apparently there is a story behind the doll that deals with a man who cooked and ate his kids. Decisions Decisions Decisions....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAUNTED-HAITIAN...oryZ1469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Halloween is a coming..... :p

Weird things out there on E-bay. One of the local radio stations put up an auction a while back (no link, sorry). Here's a condensed story on the background:

During the morning show, the crew used to get a ton of phone calls (song requests, trying to win tickets, etc) from a guy who called himself "Frank-the-bank". Apparently, about 5 years ago the guy held up a bank for $15,000 (got the money). He didn't wear a mask or have a gun. He had a toy gun in his coat pocket to "simulate" the gun, however, and used a ransom note. So Frank got the money and took off ON his getaway vehicle. That's right, ON his vehicle. The getaway vehicle was your standard run of the mill BMX pedal bike.

So Frank got away with the money. He was a free man for about 4 months when the local gov ran a TV ad asking if anyone saw the man, noted by his overly large ears. They (gov) called him the "Big eared bandit". Well, needless to say he was caught.

After he got out of jail, he started calling the station, telling his story. One morning he wanted a pair of Slipknot tickets that weren't being given away. The DJ's said that if he came to the station, on his bike, with a ransom note and "held up" the station, he could have them. Of course, he did it and got the tickets.

Around the same time, the crazy E-bay stuff was going on (Jesus on the door, Mary on the sandwich, etc). The DJ's got the crazy idea to put up Frank's BMX bike with the story behind it...... and, well, it sold for $10,000. ClearChannel ended up donating the money to the local gov and whatnot, but the three of them (2 DJ's and Frank) walked about with a nice piece of it.

So that's my crazy, but true, E-bay story. Sorry to bore you. :D

FMJnaX said:
So that's my crazy, but true, E-bay story. Sorry to bore you. :D

Not boring at all. I love oddball stories. I just realized we joined around the same time and I have posted waaaay too much :oops:

The really sad part is most of my posts are rants, raves, venting, and oddball goof offs in the lounge. :oops:

Why would ANYONE buy a cross with a "negative aura"? Not that I even believe it, but if you did, wouldn't that make you quickly press the "back" button and find another cross? Maybe a happier cross? :mrgreen:

PBirdsong said:
Maybe a happier cross? :mrgreen:
I grew up in a Catholic home and I've yet to see a happy crucifex. :p They're always a little on the creepy side in my opinion. I know if my child was nailed to a cross I wouldn't want little replicas of the event all over the place. My grandpop has a HUGE crucifex over his bed. It used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was a kid! And that was before I even knew there was a scroll like paper rolled up inside of it with the Last Rites written on it. That's one family heirloom I hope never gets passed to me :p

About the cross the drunk used to beat his wife and kids....

Let's just say this. The NEGATIVE aura this objects emits is felt by all who touch this. Bad things just happen.

Wonder who the poor sod is whos hand is holding it up for the photo?

My parents had me take a picture of this....it showed up on their patio door for a week (even behind the muntins/grids that go overtop). I think it resembles an angel, what do you guys think.....$10,000 starting bid on Ebay for the door (I think that would replace it, I'll just go on a small commission)?

Attachments

• hospital_054.jpg
    hospital_054.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom